Official Baja SAE Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Design Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wildcat Rear Differential Model

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El Geffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wildcat Rear Differential Model
    Posted: Oct/25/2014 at 9:22pm
Hey Everyone!

My name is Geoff and I’m the drivetrain lead for the University of Arizona Baja Racing Team. We’re trying to use a modified Wildcat rear differential as our rear diff. However, my executive board won’t purchase a rear diff until they know it will fit with the rest of the car seamlessly. To find that out I need to model the rear diff in SolidWorks, but to do that I need one purchased.

You can see the predicament I’m in. I can’t model it without purchasing it, and can’t purchase it without modeling it.

I was hoping someone on here could point me in the direction of finding a SolidWorks model of the Wildcat rear diff.

Thanks!

wadey View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wadey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/26/2014 at 11:39am
Planning on any type of reduction before the diff?  Last I checked most of the atv/sxs diffs have a 3.xx:1  gear ratio at the most. Also atv front diffs might be more baja sized, compared to a 1000lb, 1000cc monster...
El Geffe View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El Geffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/26/2014 at 8:07pm
We're definitely using a reduction in our custom gearbox, and we're stripping down most of the Wildcat diff. We decided on the Wildcat rear diff because it can fix our gearbox leaking problems and we can make axles for it easily.  
Richie_Dagger View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richie_Dagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/26/2014 at 10:08pm
If you're at all interested in something else...I have an 08-10 Sportsman 300 front diff headed to me in the mail. I'll probably be modeling it in SW as soon as I get it.
El Geffe View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El Geffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/26/2014 at 10:20pm
At this point I can make anything close work, we're two weeks behind schedule on this. Are the CV connections for that model male or female?
Richie_Dagger View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richie_Dagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/26/2014 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by El Geffe El Geffe wrote:

At this point I can make anything close work, we're two weeks behind schedule on this. Are the CV connections for that model male or female?
They're female. There's another one still for sale on ebay so you can get an idea of what they look like.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic