Official Baja SAE Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Design Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wheels

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dillon_b12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wheels
    Posted: Dec/17/2008 at 4:57pm
Does anyone have any prices on the wheels that Keizer offers Baja?

We've always run Douglas but I have been in contact with Keizer to try and find out what they offer and for how much but they aren't very quick about getting back with me.

We run a 10x5 4x156 and 10x5 4x110 wheels.
mu View Drop Down
Milling Master
Milling Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/17/2008 at 8:46pm
Didn't even know about those Keizer wheels. 

We run 10x5 4-156 on all four corners.  We previously used ITP c-series wheels but now we just use polaris wheels (I was told they're lighter than the ITPs).

I'm interested to see what you find out.  I couldn't even find a decent catalog on their site.

jarmumd View Drop Down
Organizer
Organizer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jarmumd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/18/2008 at 9:45am
holy crap those look nice...  nothing like a little bling to show off a baja car, not to hijack your thread, but i always found it funny that the carbon fiber racing wheels are heavier than the heavy duty aluminum ones..
karman1970 View Drop Down
Milling Master
Milling Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karman1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/18/2008 at 10:48am
They're a CF reinforced polymer, not an actual carbon wheel. We usually run the ITP GP-series. Stronger than the paper-thin Douglas wheels, and still light as a feather.
dillon_b12 View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dillon_b12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/19/2008 at 10:35am
I've heard from a few ATV guys that they have had trouble getting the CF wheels to hold air.  Those GPs look nice but in our experience they are overkill. 

Still no word back from Keizer.
CLReedy21 View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLReedy21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/20/2008 at 5:00am
Douglas black label, or blue if you're feeling brave or you know there aren't sadistic people in Alabama with railroad pieces laying about...
-Chris Reedy
TTU Alumni
Fourwheeler Drawer

"Quick with the hammer, slow with the brain."
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dillon_b12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/20/2008 at 2:04pm
We ran blue labels last year.  All four are bent now. :D
thompm1 View Drop Down
Milling Master
Milling Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thompm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/20/2008 at 6:20pm
blue labels tend to be one and done deals, so if you have the money and want to save weight in the wheels,which is a good idea because of rotational Inertia, go for it.
Michael

No Monkeys f**king footballs
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dillon_b12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/29/2008 at 9:59pm
Here is the e-mail I received from Keizer.  These prices are for 4x156 Yamaha(for fronts) and 4x110 Honda(for rears).  I believe this is also in an .125" thickness.  Too spendy for me.

"Your front proring wheels will be 2pc,   run aprox $155.
The rear would be a 3pc wheel.   Aprox $185
This would be a proring wheels.  Strengthening ring to the outside.  Sweet
wheel.  
For $20 more you can add a mudcover to the wheel. 

Our strength is superior as it is 6061 T6 parts with no shortcuts.
Attached is our front wheels with a front hubs mounted in it.

Wade"

Edited by dillon_b12 - Mar/14/2011 at 6:04pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic