Official Baja SAE Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competitions > Non-sanctioned Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UW-Stout Fall Invitational information

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Devil's Erick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UW-Stout Fall Invitational information
    Posted: Jun/16/2009 at 4:06pm

Greetings to all fellow Baja'ers here, I'm Erick, a member of the University of Wisconsin - Stout SAE baja team.  I’m sure I talked to a couple of you this last week at the Wisconsin race.

As some of you may know, we host a fall invitational, usually during the second weekend in November. 

This is an open invitation to all baja teams to attend our event! 

In the past, we have held it at the Arkensaw Cycle Park; a 1.25+ mile moto-x track located about 1.5 hours east of Minneapolis/St. Paul and only 40 minutes off I-94.  We have had good turnouts between 20 and 25 cars most years.  We would like to improve it to 30+ cars this year.

This last season, we have considered changing several aspects of our event. 

For starters, we are considering moving the date of our event up.  For those teams interested in attending our event, please let me know ASAP what date(s) would work best for your team.

Another aspect of our event we are considering changing is the overall format.  For those of you familiar with our event, we hold it on a full bore moto-x track.  We are looking into the possibility of building our own track closer to school or using the 8 mile hare-scramble track the current facility has.

We are considering changing the time of our event.  In the past, we have held 2 1 hour 30 minute races with an hour or so break to fix cars.  We think we could make the event longer, like 6+ hours if we hold it on a less grueling track. 

If you are interesting in attending, would like to give your input, or would like more information, please email me at ... and I will get back to you ASAP.  We would love to have more teams attend this year and want to make it as fun as possible for everyone involved.

Now, a few pics from previous years!

Edited by Blue Devil's Erick - Feb/22/2017 at 12:36pm
Blue Devil's Erick View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Devil's Erick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/01/2009 at 6:52pm
If anyone has any contact information for Minnesota State University - Mankato, that would be great.
tacopete View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tacopete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/01/2009 at 9:14pm
Man that pic of the 144 jumping is freakin awesome!  Probably one of the best looking baja cars I've seen.
UMBC Baja SAE 2009-
Terps Racing Formula SAE 2007-2008
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Devil's Erick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/01/2009 at 9:18pm
Thanks.  That car was long before my baja time.  I think it is the 02-03 nationals car from my team.  It was painted to match a helmet we had.
MNSU-Jared View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MNSU-Jared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/04/2009 at 9:32pm
Erick, you can contact me at:   jarederickson@rocketmail.com to get info to and from MSU-Mankato. I will be around during the first half of the school year working with the team giving some input to their car. Once they vote on team captains, I will get you their contact information and you can then keep in touch with them.
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Devil's Erick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2009 at 9:26am
I hope to have some final details posted up by Tuesday.
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Devil's Erick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2009 at 10:39pm
We will be holding our race on Saturday October 24.  It is being held 30 minutes south of Menomonie, WI with a 10am start time.  If anyone is interested in coming, please let me know ASAP.  I can be reached by PM here or at thompsoneric@uwstout.edu.
ErikHardy View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErikHardy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2010 at 12:48am
Erick,

Will there be another event for the 2010 season?

Erik
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Devil's Erick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2010 at 11:55am
Yes, we will be having another even this year.  I believe it will be late October this year.  I will ask what date we have it planned for.  We have been shooting for October 23.
MTomasko2011 View Drop Down
Milling Master
Milling Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MTomasko2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2010 at 12:48pm
I'm not committing to anything, but Ohio Northern may be interested.  Once you get the details around please send some info to m-tomasko@onu.edu
Ohio Northern University
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Devil's Erick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/04/2010 at 12:32pm
October 23, 2010 is the official date for Stout's Backwoods Baja.

I graduated this spring, so I am no longer actively involved but the person you can contact about the event is Matt L. and his email is lydeenm@my.uwstout.edu

He is planning the event at the moment and will have much more details then I will have. 

The racing will consist of 2 1.5 or 2 hour races, with an hour or so break to fix stuff.  It is a pretty relaxes atmosphere and we allow you to bring older cars.

New this year, tentatively, is a hillclimb, which, IMO, is a lot more fun then the high jump competitions we have held in the past.

Here is a pic of one of our cars doing the hillclimb, so it is possible to make it to the top!

Edited by Blue Devil's Erick - Jul/04/2010 at 12:33pm
MTomasko2011 View Drop Down
Milling Master
Milling Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MTomasko2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/25/2010 at 8:26am
Just wanted to say great job to UW Stout for putting on an awesome race. ONU will definitely be back.  I loved the short track, as it made for fast laps, kept the cars bunched together for a little "rubbing is racing" action, and kept things interesting with lap traffic.
Ohio Northern University
schooter View Drop Down
Organizer
Organizer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2010 at 1:51pm
Thought I would share the link to a video one of our guys made. Check it out, it has some nice helmet cam footage.

http://www.vimeo.com/16321931
Chase Schuette
https://www.linkedin.com/in/chaseschuette/
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic