Official Baja SAE Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Design Discussion > Pit of Despair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Transmission

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Double Secret Probation
Double Secret Probation

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pratik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Transmission
    Posted: Jun/15/2014 at 2:47am
which transmission will be best for Baja Saeindia Competiton? Shold I go for manual or CVT?
If CVT, are vendors available in India?
RLM View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RLM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/16/2014 at 7:20am
This is a decision that YOUR TEAM needs to sit down and discuss. Only your team can know what is best for your team. people have had success with both. Sit down and brainstom what you think are the pro's and con's of both and make your decision based on the information you come up with from your research. 

Here is a link to get you started.http://lmgtfy.com/?q=manual+vs+cvt+transmission

In the future please post questions only after doing adequate research on the topic and please, please, please, don't ask the forum to make major design decisions for you.
McMaster Baja Racing (09-Dec 2015)
Team Captain 2012-2015
Suspension Lead 2015-2016
All spoonfeed PM requests will be billed at $10 USD per reply, payable via paypal.
Richie_Dagger View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richie_Dagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/16/2014 at 2:20pm
We ran a 6spd this year. I don't see how it could be faster than a well tuned CVT. I felt having to shift was a huge disadvantage when the other cars were sitting at peak HP 100% of the time, especially when I had to up shift going uphill, the loss of momentum was killer. On the plus side it was a hell of a lot of fun...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic