Official Baja SAE Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Transmission linkages

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Double Secret Probation
Double Secret Probation

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbocrafters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Transmission linkages
    Posted: Oct/09/2015 at 12:12am
My team is participating in Baja-India for the first time. we are using a Piaggio Ape gearbox. Our drivetrain assembly is rear mounted. How are the linkages for the gear shifter in the drivers cabin. I'm quite confused about the entire mechanism. the transmission is sequential shift. Please help asap....
rutvij27 View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rutvij27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2015 at 1:42pm
one for clutch one for shifter and other for reverse (mount it like handbrake shifter)
turbocrafters View Drop Down
Double Secret Probation
Double Secret Probation

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbocrafters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2015 at 1:46pm
Could you furnish me with a pic of your baja or any such pic. That shall be helpful
rutvij27 View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rutvij27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2015 at 10:17am
sorry actually we are going for cvt transmission this year so i cann't but upload on mail me the pic of transmission.
contact me @ rutvij1996@gmail.com
drvr5 View Drop Down
Welding Master
Welding Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drvr5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2015 at 10:54am
You will need a lever in the cockpit with a rigid link to the gearbox. You could use either a tube (probably difficult to route a stiff enough tube, I wouldn't go that route) or you can use a morse cable. Routing shift linkage is not easy, because you have to work around all all of the other components. Try using a piece of welding rod to mock up the paths you can take with the cable. Avoid sharp bends, pinch points, and edges that could cut or wear the cable sheath.
Paritosha View Drop Down
Double Secret Probation
Double Secret Probation

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paritosha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/26/2020 at 11:59pm
I am too participateing in Baja SAE.
Can u pls tell piaggo gear boxs each gear rpm.
We need to do rpm deduction. So need to buy shafts.

So pls tell each gear rpm or toque in each gear.??
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic