Official Baja SAE Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competitions > SAE Sanctioned Competitions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Registration woes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhodytheram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Registration woes
    Posted: Nov/25/2008 at 11:02am
Hello all,

My name is A.J. and I am the captain of University of Rhode Island's baja team. Sadly our state is in a financial crisis (read: going bankrupt) and we did not have the financial means to register within the first two weeks of registration. We now have most, if not all, of our budget in order and, to our dismay, the competiton is full. My question is, is there any way that we can still register for Alabama or be put on a waiting list or something like that because I know that not everyone always shows up for the competitons and slots open up. We still really want to go and we are still in the process of building our vehicle as it is part of our senior design project.
If anything at all can be done please let me know.
Thank you!

-A.J. DiCesare-
minibaja@egr.uri.edu
jarmumd View Drop Down
Organizer
Organizer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jarmumd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2008 at 11:41am
The short answer is no, but as a check, you should post your question on the "official" SAE.org forum.  Really, SAE is the only body who can make that choice, we as the organizers only accept the registration list, we don't make rulings on it.  Please read the forum post below - the issue is that there is no system in place for a "waiting list."  I would sugguest that you insist, and get other teams to insist that a system be made for a waiting list. 

http://forums.sae.org/access/dispatch.cgi/bajasae_pf/docProfile/101908/d20080104202654/No/t101908.htm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic