Official Baja SAE Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Design Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problem with Ansys Apdl Commands.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Double Secret Probation
Double Secret Probation

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akshay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problem with Ansys Apdl Commands.
    Posted: Jul/03/2018 at 6:56am
Respected Sir,
I am structural engineer from India. I am trying to analyse a model having 2 blocks on each other and having edge to edge joint. The model is shown in the file along with the boundary conditions attached with the message.

In the analysis, I want the joint element to be deleted in second load step if the opposite edge (named selection) nodes are under compression on the basis of first load step results. So to check that the elements are in compression or not. Reselection of the nodes is done by NSEL command as follows. 

NSEL,R,S,1,-1,0 

After this I wanted to see which nodes are selected by this command so i referred your answer 2 years ago on Abhinay Ojha's question where you have answered to get the principal stresses by command. I used following commands to print the principal stress results.

SET,1,5 ! Read first load step 5th substep
seltol,1e-12 ! tolerance for selection is minimised
/SHOW ! Enable graphics display
/GRAPHICS,POWER ! Define the type of display
plnsol,s,1 ! Display the results
/output,line_bodyS1,TXT ! Redirect results to file
prnsol,prin ! print the nodal solution
/out
/solu

After solving this, I exported the maximum principal stress given by the result tool in ANSYS Workbench and compared with the results printed by the command. I found that the selection by the NSEL command is validated by the results by command and not by the results which are exported by the averaged maximum principal stress in ANSYS Workbench Interface. 

So my main questions are
1. Why there is difference between exported results and the results by command?
2. How the principal stresses are calculated in ANSYS for both PRNSOL command and the workbench interface principal stress results?
3. Exactly which value I should refer workbench interface principal stress results or PRNSOL command results? Why?

Sir, kindly help me with the above problem.

Thank you.

Regards
Akshay Shelke

uploads/4787/Researchgate.docx - uploads/4787/Researchgate.docx
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic