Forum Description: All about Auburn, Maryland, and Oregon
URL: http://forums.bajasae.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2716
Printed Date: Mar/28/2024 at 4:31am

Topic: Sharing info from Maryland 2018
Posted By: enaracing
Subject: Sharing info from Maryland 2018
Date Posted: Apr/24/2018 at 9:40pm
Hi guys,

Now that the Maryland event is done. I'd like to share some infos and comments about our experience as a new team. (our school had not been to any competition since 2014)

I know SAE is running a survey about the event but maybe some comments here could also be worth it for teams that are planing on next event to show up for the first time.

- It looks like many team like us had been blackflagged with rules B.3.2.1, distance between points...  and may not extend longer than 838 mm (33 in.) between Named Points. and named point D and P...
Many teams were ask to add tubes in that area.
Since there is no more frame design precheck, make sure your chassi is in total harmony with the rules...

- There was no free drinkable water, no breakfast and no coffee... on site.

- If you have been answered some question and/or clarification and/or confirmation about your design or whatever from the SAE rules commity I suggest you print them and bring them to your inspection.
We had been blackflaged and had to challenge the judges with the answer we previously received. 

-There was no inspection on sunday morning. So you need to make it thru saterday if you want to be part of the endurance race.

- It was a great event, and most team are realy willing to help others.

Print Page | Close Window