Forum Name: Design Discussion
Forum Description: Discuss Design, Tech, Cost, and related issues
URL: http://forums.bajasae.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2711
Printed Date: Mar/28/2024 at 9:06am

Topic: Baja SAE Maryland Polaris Orders
Posted By: supshaw
Subject: Baja SAE Maryland Polaris Orders
Date Posted: Apr/06/2018 at 9:26am
I was wondering if anyone knows how long it usually takes for Polaris to send the sponsorship order after a team is sent the invoice? Do they wait for the check before sending the 

This is my team's first year competing.... we're so close to the finish.... we're still sorting out the check with our Mechanical Engineering Department to pay for the Polaris order.

If this order doesn't come in by the 14th.... then we're going to our first competition with no wheels... Does anybody have advice or encouragement?

https://gmubajasae.wixsite.com/masonracing

Replies:
Posted By: desertwolf
Date Posted: Apr/08/2018 at 11:44am
From my experience with dealing with Polaris, I would say that you might be royally screwed. Last year we tried to order cv axles from them and it took them about 2.5-3 months to finally ship them, by then we went somewhere else to buy them. I think they might wait for the check before shipping, but can't remember whether or not. They actually never processed our check.

From what I've heard about Polaris, Baja SAE orders are one of the lowest priority orders. Plus if they have to get parts from multiple warehouses, then your going to have to wait even longer.

I seriously advise you to go your local dealer or parts store to buy anything, or sites like rocky mountain atv/mc, where shipping is fast.

If you don't get wheels before comp, either ask around for tires or if a team member has a quad, use them.

Sorry for a not so good news message, but good luck at comp.

Posted By: supshaw
Date Posted: Apr/08/2018 at 12:06pm
Thank you so much! My team leads and I figured buying the parts from local dealers would be the best move. Your comment confirmed that it's not just our team who has had difficulty with Polaris!

Posted By: Bantu
Date Posted: Apr/10/2018 at 3:35am
Hi everyone, I am Bantu from South Africa doing a mini Baja project. I have decided to use a Polaris clutch, but now the problem I am facing is that, I have been struggling to get the diameter size of the driving and driven pulley. Also the weight of each pulley. Does anyone know where can I find that information?

Print Page | Close Window