Forum Name: Design Discussion
Forum Description: Discuss Design, Tech, Cost, and related issues
URL: http://forums.bajasae.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2630
Printed Date: Mar/28/2024 at 4:16am

Topic: CVT Torsion Spring rates
Posted By: JJ1990
Subject: CVT Torsion Spring rates
Date Posted: Sep/19/2017 at 1:21pm
Hi. I am currently working on a simulator for a Comet 780 series CVT, which uses three torsion springs on the primary clutch. 

What I cannot find anywhere is the spring rates of those torsion springs. I have seen several charts that show the engagement rpms for different weights-springs combinations, like this one. It shows the colour code of each spring, but not the spring rate (which is necessary for my simulator). 

Thank you

uploads/4476/Engagement_chart.png

Replies:
Posted By: Bantu
Date Posted: Aug/22/2018 at 1:18pm
Hi I am from South Africa. I am working on the same Cvt, my aim is to optimize the Cvt for better acceleration. My question is, how do I make the sheaves to move in and out? How do I make the belt to go up and down as the sheaves moves in and out?

Posted By: RLM
Date Posted: Aug/23/2018 at 8:15am
springs, weights, and physics. out of the box, the CVT will operate properly, though not optimally. it is up to ou to tune it. there are a ton of resources on this forum on CVT tuning. there are also several books out there. Hint: They are also commonly referred to as clutches and are used quite a bit in ATV's and in snowmobiles.

-------------
McMaster Baja Racing (09-Dec 2015)
Team Captain 2012-2015
Suspension Lead 2015-2016
All spoonfeed PM requests will be billed at $10 USD per reply, payable via paypal.

Print Page | Close Window