Forum Name: Design Discussion
Forum Description: Discuss Design, Tech, Cost, and related issues
URL: http://forums.bajasae.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2606
Printed Date: Mar/28/2024 at 11:11am

Topic: Roll cage - RHO rules
Posted By: akshayelangovan
Subject: Roll cage - RHO rules
Date Posted: Jun/28/2017 at 11:27am
According to the rule book, Point C should be atleast 41" above the seat plane (the template). This is followed but the rear of the rho is not above 41". This happens because I have a bent rho, the template's rear head slightly extends out of the Roll cage. Is that an issue?

Also can the rho start from +/- 5" from point B?

Thanks in advance

Replies:
Posted By: Bettner12
Date Posted: Jun/28/2017 at 6:46pm
as far as north american competitions, this was technically legal per the wording of the rules for this year, but does not meet the intent of the rules. Jason was VERY clear that our car will not compete next year with the same RHO geometry. There were also numerous pictures taken during tech at Illinois, and I would expect to see that rule rewritten when they are released in the fall. 

I completely understand the intent of the rule, and agree with it, but we're always going to push things to their absolute limit. Tongue

-------------
Penn College of Technology Alumni

Maryland 2018 Organizer

Posted By: akshayelangovan
Date Posted: Jun/29/2017 at 11:25am
Well, for this season the roll cage has point C that obeys the rules but the RHO not so because of the bend. Does the Template provided in the rule book has to be enclosed completely by the roll cage in the side view?

Posted By: Meacham
Date Posted: Jul/20/2017 at 8:19am
Originally posted by akshayelangovean akshayelangovean wrote:

The rule book, Point C should be atleast 41" above the seat plane (the template). This is followed but the rear of the rho is not above 41". This happens because I have a bent rho, the template's rear head slightly extends out of the Roll cage. Is that an issue?

Also can the rho start from +/- 5" from point B?

Thanks in advance

Good questions Akshaye.

Posted By: Tanky
Date Posted: Jul/22/2017 at 12:03pm
Has there been any news on the 2018 Rules release? 

Print Page | Close Window