Official Baja SAE Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Design Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dana H-12

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRCCBaja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dana H-12
    Posted: Sep/14/2011 at 3:38pm
Hey everyone. Long time reader, first post here. Anyway, I'm looking into using the Dana H-12 FNR box for this year's car at Blue Ridge Community College. The Dana box seems to be pretty robust and a good plug and play solution. We don't have the time or expertise to build our own reduction box at this point, and don't want the failure risk of chain reductions this year.

Yes, I've searched for "Dana" and haven't come up with anything really useful yet in the forum.

My questions:

1. What's the general consensus on the H-12 in this application?
  2. Does anyone have some drawings and/or CAD models of the box? A quick search of 3D content central turned up nothing, and although I'm sure I could get the application drawings from a distributor like QDS, I figure it would be quicker to ask around here first.
Thanks much.

Edited by BRCCBaja - Sep/14/2011 at 4:30pm
dillon_b12 View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dillon_b12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/15/2011 at 12:20am
Probably won't help much and you'll have to join to see them, but there appears to be an exploded diagram here:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-ezgo/12403-gears-dana-h-12-axle.html
MMBRETTS View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MMBRETTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2011 at 5:58pm
we're going to be using it this year.  i want to say we got it from QDS.  i pm'ed you the drawing.
Michigan Tech Baja Suspension Design 'till 2015
varun View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/25/2012 at 5:35am
hello guys this year we are also interested in using DANA 12 FNR gearbox...i hv searched the internet but havent found a place where to buy one...can anyone tell me the price of  the gearbox and where can i  get one... 
varun anadkat
K.J.Somaiya College Of Engineering
sandres913 View Drop Down
Welding Master
Welding Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandres913 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/25/2012 at 9:10am
Instead of reviving a dead post, start your own thread.

Besides that, I think I recently read someone talking about using the Dana 12 box, you might try searching this forum and getting in touch with that person. Or you might try contacting Dana, the manufacturer of what you're looking for. Even if they give you contact info for a distributor.
Shaun
Purdue University Calumet - PUC Motorsports
2010 - Washington #18
2011 - Peoria #30
2012 - Wisconsin #54
RacerJay View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RacerJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/11/2018 at 2:31pm
Hey, does anyone still have these drawings?
I already have a CAD model but an exploded view would be helpful.

The first link wouldn't let me download the pictures and it kept banning my email address
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic