Official Baja SAE Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gearbox Machining, Project Solutions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kevincarr1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gearbox Machining, Project Solutions
    Posted: Jan/16/2019 at 2:06pm
Has anyone ever heard of or dealt with Project Solutions?

We (Buffalo State Motorsports) have designed a custom gearbox and have had issues finding a machine shop to cut the gears. I got a message from a guy from Project Solutions from India. They supposedly specialize in gearboxes for Baja SAE and Formula SAE. I know SAE Baja is huge in India, so I felt like they could be legit.

Here is a link of their Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/Projectsolutions36/

Just wondering if anyone has dealt with them or is it a scam? Just feels weird sending something off to india, especially since they're asking for an advance payment. I'm probably going to write them off as a scam unless they're know, which i doubtful since their Facebook page is pretty small.
manipal View Drop Down
Double Secret Probation
Double Secret Probation

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manipal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2019 at 2:34pm
No clue.! If you are looking for gear box manufacturers in India then try Elecon Engineering. check their website for more info.
desertwolf View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2019 at 12:59pm
I don't know anything about them, but our team has received similar emails from other companies in India. We never go with them considering they are in another country which could make it more expensive.

If you wanted to get it machined state side, since you're in New York, check out Traction Products, Inc. (aka Weismann Transmissions) here in Southern California. They are doing my team's gearbox this year and helping out with the gears (not sure if they spline them or not). They also do several other local FSAE team's differentials and transmissions.
Titan Racing Baja

AMA District 37 - Desert Series
kevincarr1996 View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincarr1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2019 at 6:45am
I can try to ask Weismann Transmissions. Thanks for the reference!
RLM View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RLM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2019 at 11:18am
If you're in Buffalo, check out Ontario Drive and Gear in Kitchener Ontario. they're about an hour and a half from the border. our team and several other Ontario teams use them. we also use them at the company I work for. They know what they're doing and will help you out with design suggestions. if they don't have the capacity, they can probably also help find other shops. 
McMaster Baja Racing (09-Dec 2015)
Team Captain 2012-2015
Suspension Lead 2015-2016
All spoonfeed PM requests will be billed at $10 USD per reply, payable via paypal.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic