Official Baja SAE Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Schafer H-12 FNR case redesign

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kherda0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Schafer H-12 FNR case redesign
    Posted: Aug/31/2017 at 9:58pm
Our team received our H-12 FNR transaxle after competition last year due to a manufacturing error. After getting back to school and seeing it for the first time a few days ago, we believe that the overall case is actually more compact than our previous one (purchased and used for the 2015-2016 and 2016-2017 competitions). 

I'm wondering if this is the same for any other teams or if it's just my imagination. I can't get a hold of Schafer or the OEM and see if they'll drop us a case CAD model (probably asking too much) or if they can confirm that it's been redesigned for a more compact case.

Long ramble aside, thanks for any help in advance
Kherda0 View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kherda0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2017 at 2:07pm
UPDATE:

Our OEM that we purchased the transaxle from came through with a model and spline information. Unfortunately, the case has not been made more compact from what the CAD model and physical measurments say. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic