Official Baja SAE Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competitions > Non-sanctioned Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Michigan Tech Winter Baja Feb 13 Spectators Questi
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Michigan Tech Winter Baja Feb 13 Spectators Questi

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Double Secret Probation
Double Secret Probation

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abgeeck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Michigan Tech Winter Baja Feb 13 Spectators Questi
    Posted: Jan/28/2016 at 12:37pm
Hello all,

My name is Amanda Geeck, I am a member of Oakland University's FSAE team (we are very close to Detroit). We are currently looking into creating a Baja SAE team, and were interested in going to the Winter Baja event at Tech to be spectators.

Does anyone have any lodging reccommendations for up there? Also, does anyone have any information that might be helpful for this event for people who have little idea of what to expect? We are really excited to get started with a team, but realize there is probably way more to it than what we think.

Thank You!

Amanda Geeck
Oakland University Formula SAE
Grizzlies Racing | www.grizzliesracing.com 
Vehicle Dynamics Lead | Suspension & Brakes Lead
abgeeck@oakland.edu
RLM View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RLM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/28/2016 at 2:15pm
I have no information on the Winter event, however I will recommend that you attend the Rochester event in June. it is a full blown SAE Baja event so you can see how tech, design, sales, and dynamics are run. its only a couple hours drive from you guys. Best of luck with getting a team going. good to see new teams every year
McMaster Baja Racing (09-Dec 2015)
Team Captain 2012-2015
Suspension Lead 2015-2016
All spoonfeed PM requests will be billed at $10 USD per reply, payable via paypal.
kcooper273 View Drop Down
Welding Master
Welding Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcooper273 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/29/2016 at 11:13am
Amanda, both Super 8 and Comfort Inn and Suites are nice and should still have rooms. I can email the current MTU Baja president and he can probably give you more info on the "team" side of things, and probably give you a tour of the shop, our cars, etc. I will send you an email with some good contacts to touch base with.

I highly encourage coming up, it is a great time!

Edited by kcooper273 - Jan/29/2016 at 11:17am
Michigan Tech Baja 2010-Dec 2014 Victory Lap: Auburn 2015. 2nd Victory Lap Maryland 2015 (Peer Pressure)

CYS Motorsports-TORC Super Stock Truck #873
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic