Official Baja SAE Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Design Discussion > Pit of Despair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

calculation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Double Secret Probation
Double Secret Probation

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: calculation
    Posted: Apr/23/2014 at 4:43am
i have velocity...how to calculate acceleration of baja vehicle......  or i need time duration of attaining Max Engine RPM in each gear....pls help me how to find????
gearhed31 View Drop Down
Welding Master
Welding Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gearhed31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2014 at 1:26am
any physics 101 textbook will give you that answer
Any problem you will ever encounter in life can be solved; all you need is a big enough hammer

SUNYIT Baja Sae frame and suspension design lead
mano View Drop Down
Double Secret Probation
Double Secret Probation

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2014 at 4:04am
thanks fr ur reply.... but acceleration=velocity/time.... where time is the duration of attaining max rpm of engine in each gear.....hw do i calculate that one... would i prefer anyother relation....pls tell me in detail....i m new to baja team...
RLM View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RLM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2014 at 7:58am
The time to max RPM depends on the load your putting on the engine. With a drive ratio of 20:1 the engine will attain max RPM faster than with a drive ratio of 2:1. Think of it like a manual transmission in a car, You can redline in less time in first gear than in sixth. it also depends on the vehicle weight and the rotational mass of spinning components. a heavier car will take longer to max out than a lighter car even if they have the same ratio. 

My suggestion is just stet up a 200ft straight course and timehow long it takes to complete the distance from a stop. if you really want to know time to max RPM for just your engine, pull it out of your car and bolt it to the floor and rev it up while timing it. put a tach on it to see when you hit 3800 RPM. 
McMaster Baja Racing (09-Dec 2015)
Team Captain 2012-2015
Suspension Lead 2015-2016
All spoonfeed PM requests will be billed at $10 USD per reply, payable via paypal.
akss_bellatore View Drop Down
Milling Master
Milling Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote akss_bellatore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2014 at 4:24pm
I think i get your question .
If i think i am right you are wasting everybodys time on this forum

that is not how you calculate acceleration for your vehicle . Its depends on the tractive force that you have at hand taking into account the aerodynamic drag , rolling resistance and gradient .Angry
cyrilsoji View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyrilsoji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/15/2014 at 2:54pm
max acceleration at any gear=(tractive force available-tractive resistance)/(total mass of                                                                                                       vehicle*rotational inertia coefficient of that gear)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic