Official Baja SAE Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Design Discussion > Pit of Despair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

for chromoly dealers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shailesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: for chromoly dealers
    Posted: Aug/30/2013 at 10:05am
friends pls suggest chromoly 4130 dealer in india.which give material as soon as possible?????
pls guys give suggesion fast....
shailesh
cujdubs View Drop Down
Welding Master
Welding Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cujdubs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2013 at 11:12pm
I am sure that if someone can help you they will do so as soon as they see the post (why wait?) There is no need to add excessive punctuation or push your lack of prior planning on the people of this forum when you post a question. This is a forum of people that want to share their passion of Baja with others like them so stuff like that absolutely not needed. I usually dont write posts like this but things like "pls guys give suggesion fast...." is a pet peeve I guess and it makes me far less likely to go the extra mile to help someone. If you are in an hurry and feel the need to indicate it there are far more polite ways to do it.
That is all

As far as your question goes, I dont know about chromoly (4130 I assume is what you want?) mills in India, I am sure you could import some however. I have heard of teams that might just use chromoly for the roll bars or something and easier to get steel for the rest. That is obviously not ideal but might be a lower cost way to save some weight rather than making the whole frame out of it if you have to import the stuff
Just an idea
John Hannum
Clarkson University
Steering Leader
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic