Official Baja SAE Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competitions > Non-sanctioned Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2012 Louisville SAE Midnight Mayhem *Official*

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Welding Master
Welding Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purduebaja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2012 at 11:05am
Purdue wants to keep running 41 and 106. Thanks for clearing this up.
stark View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2012 at 11:21am
We'll take #2 instead of 48!

(Case Western)
dudeker1 View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dudeker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2012 at 11:27am
We at Michigan State would like our conflicted numbers, so 4, 8 and 66. Thank you.
UWindsorBaja View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UWindsorBaja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2012 at 11:38am
yeah windsor made a little boo boo, we have car 109 not 106

Captain Crunch View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Crunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2012 at 11:54am
TTU will claim numbers 7, 10 and 12

Kendall Hall
TTU Baja SAE
StefanRC View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StefanRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2012 at 12:08pm
AS for #41 (Polytechnique de Montréal) we will change ou number to 14.

Thanks
Stefan
S_Rutt18 View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S_Rutt18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2012 at 12:29pm
Ohio Northern will take 5 instead of 7.

Thanks
Ohio Northern University
RonGeorge View Drop Down
Welding Master
Welding Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RonGeorge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2012 at 4:50pm
I need a little Baja this year.

Looking forward to this event. Smile  

Good luck to all the teams.
-Ron George
Systems Engineer (Cummins Turbo)
Godzilla83 View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2012 at 7:25pm
Will fuel splash guards be required to pass tech? I know half of our older cars splash guards have been damaged and probably thrown away, just need to know if you guys will require them, if so we will need to throw something together.
dillon_b12 View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dillon_b12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2012 at 12:05am
In the interest of driver and volunteer safety, splash guards are expected and appreciated. However, they are not mandatory and will not be required to pass technical inspection.
Bi-Brow View Drop Down
Welding Master
Welding Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bi-Brow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2012 at 1:37am
Cummins XPI Pump Development Engineer
2012 Midnight Mayhem Coordinator
2008-2010 UofL Baja Captain
2011 Powertrain
CLReedy21 View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLReedy21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/04/2012 at 8:38am
Bad news guys.  A friend of mine from work has made the decision to take a job with Erik Buell Racing so we're having his going away event Saturday.  To give you an idea of scale we've rented a schoolbus to go barhopping in.

I know you're all super disappointed lol Cry.  If nothing else I'll see some of you in Tennessee!
-Chris Reedy
TTU Alumni
Fourwheeler Drawer

"Quick with the hammer, slow with the brain."
NC A&T Baja View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NC A&T Baja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/04/2012 at 10:46am
We will go with #37
jeiB View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeiB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/04/2012 at 5:59pm
McGill, 27 and 31.

Btw, is anyone willing to lend us a CVTech driver for the endurance?
Thanks.

Jeremie B.
McGill Baja Racing
2009-2011 Captain
minibaja.mcgill.ca
ErikHardy View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErikHardy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/04/2012 at 10:04pm
We should have an extra laying around, I'll throw it in the truck.
ErikHardy View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErikHardy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/05/2012 at 10:29am
You can choose between either the short or medium spring and I can mill down the weights to whatever you want if you know roughly what is needed Jeremie
zglazer View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zglazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/05/2012 at 11:21am
We've got our own weights and springs so don't worry about it. If you just lend it to us however you've got it now, we'll be more than happy. Wink
Zack Glazer
McGill Baja Racing Alumnus 2009-2013 http://baja.mcgilleus.ca/
2012-2013 Drivetrain Designer
ErikHardy View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErikHardy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/05/2012 at 11:27am
Good, I wasn't looking forward to putting the spring back in anyways. haha. As I mentioned to Jeremie, I'll lend it to you for canadian maple syrup. No exceptions. 
RonGeorge View Drop Down
Welding Master
Welding Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RonGeorge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/06/2012 at 10:38pm
Photos! 
Fresh off the press! 

I was a tech inspector during the early part of the day, so the bunch of photos here are just from that. I saw only the first 10 minutes of the race so no images of mayhem.

I've set the album to "Public" so you should be able to view it. Let me know if you have any issues.

Feel free to connect with me as a Friend on Facebook. 

Edited by RonGeorge - Oct/06/2012 at 10:44pm
-Ron George
Systems Engineer (Cummins Turbo)
Bi-Brow View Drop Down
Welding Master
Welding Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bi-Brow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2012 at 10:58am

OFFICIAL ENDURANCE RESULTS

1st: Louisville 96 (51 laps)
2nd: Kettering 75 (51 laps)
3rd: Ohio Northern 5 (50 laps)

Complete results coming later this evening.  Also just wanted to mention that the home team hadn't driven on the track for over a year prior to the parade lap and that lap counters weren't allowed to count for their own team.

Thanks again to all the teams who made the trip as well as everyone who volunteered to leave their team to work carnage.  Special shout out to Dillon who helped coordinate registration and communication through the Forum.   Everyone was very easy to work with and all the competitors showed great sportsmanship through the entire day.

I've gotten alot of good feedback from all parties involved and ask that you share what you liked, what you didn't like, and any good stories from the event.  Also I saw many GoPros and look forward to seeing the videos you all put together.

2011 Powertrain
Bi-Brow View Drop Down
Welding Master
Welding Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bi-Brow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2012 at 11:25am
2011 Powertrain
ErikHardy View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErikHardy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2012 at 1:53pm
It was an awesome event, no complaints, well organized, no confusion and we had a lot of fun. The track was nice and rough with plenty of passing areas. Hopefully we will make it down again, hope ya'll enjoyed the french toast haha.

Our air filter cover came off, which means we didn't have a throttle return spring for roughly a half hour of the race so I apologize for asshat driving during those times. And now we have an engine filled with mud, nom nom Smile 
zglazer View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zglazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2012 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by ErikHardy ErikHardy wrote:

hope ya'll enjoyed the french toast haha.
We certainly did! Hope you enjoyed the maple syrup. Thumbs Up
Zack Glazer
Bi-Brow View Drop Down
Welding Master
Welding Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bi-Brow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2012 at 5:09pm
Another video

2011 Powertrain
jeiB View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeiB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2012 at 11:55pm
Thanks to UofL, Dillion and Ben for hosting such a great event.

We had a great time. The track was fun and everybody was friendly. Personally, I am not a fan of the night endurance but it is certainly different. It was a bit dark in the back at the beginning but then it seemed that more lights turned on or were added.

Sidenote, there is a big reward for anyone that has my vuvuzela! Lost it during the little get together...
Jeremie B.
McGill Baja Racing
2009-2011 Captain
minibaja.mcgill.ca
zglazer View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zglazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2012 at 12:43am
I just want to echo what Jeremie said and give a big thanks to all the organizers and volunteers. We all had a really awesome time racing and hanging out with the other teams and I hope we'll be able to make it out to the next one!
Zack Glazer
Cincinnati James View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cincinnati James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2012 at 10:56am
Thanks to all who were involved in making this weekend such a great experience for all who were able to attend. We've got some work to do and it was great to be able to show the new guys on the team just how far we have to go.
Follow Bearcats Baja Racing on Facebook
12th Place - Baja SAE Tennessee Tech 2013

"Simplify, then add lightness."

- Colin Chapman
ryanosu121 View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryanosu121 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2012 at 12:22pm
Midnight Mayhem is definitely a good way to show all the newer guys what goes into an entire race and see what we need to work towards through the year. Thank you to everyone who helped organize the event and it would be awesome to be able to do it every year. 
Akron 1998 to 2004 View Drop Down
Welding Master
Welding Master
Thread Hijack Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akron 1998 to 2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2012 at 1:49pm
Will there be results posted ranking all the teams?
zglazer View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zglazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2012 at 3:00pm
Do you guys have any results for our car #31? We asked after the race but nobody could find anything.
Zack Glazer
cozierad View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cozierad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2012 at 11:13pm
Miami University had a blast. We really enjoyed the event and were doing really well (lap times under 3:50) until we fried the manual transmission in our fast car... We also fried the clutch on our 2009 car! The fun of using manual trasmissions! Thanks for the great event. Good job Louisville
Paultra View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paultra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2012 at 11:50pm
Illinois (the Orange car) had a fantastic time.  Thanks guys, we had a blast and got some great driver experience for some new guys.  We were rocking with sub 4 minute laps till one of our CV's fried.  It fused together and then broke.  We have a video of the CV steaming after pouring some water on it haha
Offroad Illini

University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

I-L-L

I-N-I
Bi-Brow View Drop Down
Welding Master
Welding Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bi-Brow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2012 at 8:22am
Originally posted by Akron 1998 to 2004 Akron 1998 to 2004 wrote:

Will there be results posted ranking all the teams?
Full final results will be posted shortly
2011 Powertrain
Rich B View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2012 at 1:44pm
Thanks guys for putting on another great race. This was our second Consecutive trip, and truly enjoyed ourselves.

Thanks to the Kettering guys for the awesome French Toast, and for the fun run Sunday morning, which we may have Won :)

Any news on when the Full results will be posted? we are looking to inlcude them in our Promotions packets

Also can anyone post links to pictures and Videos of this years race, we love to see them and add them to our collection.

slayer1991 View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slayer1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2012 at 6:41pm
It was great! We had a very good time. The track was fast, balanced between straights and technical parts, not too much mud. Next time start the race at midnight! Big smile

Looking forward to the official results!
syt0x View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syt0x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/14/2012 at 8:11pm
ktb_919 View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktb_919 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/14/2012 at 10:58pm
So...how bout that results list?  Anybody found it?  Or found some photos from the race?  I've only been able to locate a handful on Louisville's flickr account
University of Illinois Alumna

Off Road Illini 2009-2013
21st W. Washington 2013
14th W. Washington & 18th Rochester 2010
zglazer View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zglazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/14/2012 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by syt0x syt0x wrote:

You'll never get away with this!
Zack Glazer
tmenzefricke View Drop Down
Milling Master
Milling Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmenzefricke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/14/2012 at 11:05pm
We've got some pictures on our Flickr if you wanna take a look.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mcgill-clubs/sets/72157631740890261/
Could still do with some results though...
Bi-Brow View Drop Down
Welding Master
Welding Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bi-Brow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/15/2012 at 6:05pm
Sorry for the delay with the results... it took longer than expected to track down all the results and registration documents... definitely something to improve on in the future. 

Please keep in mind that the results were taken by cell phone stop watches.  In addition, the acceleration event was roughly 100' however it was stepped off so there is some additional error if you are comparing times to a sanctioned event.

I'm aware of one mistake made with NCA&T car #22 however if there are any additional details you feel need to be cleared up let me know and I'll review my documents.

Posted a .zip in case you want to play with the data
2011 Powertrain
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic