Official Baja SAE Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Design Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gaged Gx9

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveforBaja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gaged Gx9
    Posted: Sep/01/2017 at 3:43am
Hello,
Does anyone knows the value for the torsional rigidity for the spring in stock secondary pulley in aGx9? 
I have the value for 'k' which gives linear force but I'm unable to determine the rigidity when its twists.
Help me out 
RLM View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RLM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2017 at 8:37am
there are a few different springs available from gaged for that secondary pulley, you will need to provide more details on the spring you have for someone to help you out. I personally don't know the values available. I will reach out to our current team and see if they did some testing on them last year to get those values. 

will report back if I can dig anything up. your likely going to need to devise a torsional test of your own to determine it tho.

We almost need to start a database of specs and details for common parts used by many teams.
McMaster Baja Racing (09-Dec 2015)
Team Captain 2012-2015
Suspension Lead 2015-2016
All spoonfeed PM requests will be billed at $10 USD per reply, payable via paypal.
loveforBaja View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveforBaja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2017 at 8:45am
The red colored one with 18lbs pressure 
http://gagedengineering.net/?product=red-spring 
RLM View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RLM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2017 at 8:51am
our current team has no data on this at the moment. they are planning on determining it in the next few weeks or so. if no one else chimes in, you will need to devise a test

McMaster Baja Racing (09-Dec 2015)
Team Captain 2012-2015
Suspension Lead 2015-2016
All spoonfeed PM requests will be billed at $10 USD per reply, payable via paypal.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic