FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Show Your Junk: 2012 Edition

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
rasmuet View Drop Down
Welding Master
Welding Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rasmuet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Show Your Junk: 2012 Edition
    Posted: Apr/14/2015 at 2:40pm

Most teams use either 6061-T6 or 7075-T6 aluminum for the transmission casing.  Gear options are 8620, 4340, and others which are either case hardened or through hardened depending on the properties of the alloy.

Erik
Iowa State Baja 2011-Dec 2014
Drivetrain Design 2013, 2014, 2015
2014 Kansas - Car #45 - 1st Place Endurance
yash677 View Drop Down
Double Secret Probation
Double Secret Probation

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yash677 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2015 at 1:37pm
which material did you use for casing and gears?
taukea View Drop Down
Welding Master
Welding Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taukea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/21/2013 at 5:23pm
Iowa State Tech Director 2013-2014
Iowa State Project Director 2012-2013
taukea View Drop Down
Welding Master
Welding Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taukea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/21/2013 at 5:22pm
RKS2108 View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKS2108 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2012 at 9:50am

The 2013 gearbox will actually be about 0.7lbs heavier than last year’s, but with some creativity the rotational inertia is much lower. However, the new box allowed us to cut 8+lbs from the vehicle and move the CG forward and down. Should be more efficient also.

MTUcvt View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MTUcvt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/15/2012 at 5:48pm
Yeah we are, working on another version of it.
Thanks
Nate Koetsier
Purduebaja View Drop Down
Welding Master
Welding Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purduebaja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/15/2012 at 11:52am
Nice, I love the quote on the gearbox, we have been thinking about doing that as well. Manage to get the gearbox even lighter than last year and are you guys still running your awesome custom CVT?
RKS2108 View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKS2108 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/12/2012 at 9:54am

RKS2108 View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKS2108 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/12/2012 at 9:51am

Part of the 2013 MTU drivetrain
Pedro UFPBaja View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pedro UFPBaja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2012 at 1:13pm
Former Team Captain
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pedro UFPBaja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2012 at 6:59pm
see, not that low

Edited by Pedro UFPBaja - Aug/16/2012 at 7:00pm
Former Team Captain
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pedro UFPBaja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2012 at 6:14pm
2 cars only in 2011 (at Baja SAE Brazil)

Former Team Captain
EAD Motorsports View Drop Down
Welding Master
Welding Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EAD Motorsports Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/14/2012 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by Pedro UFPBaja Pedro UFPBaja wrote:

EAD
Well, to be at RIT he team must be top 3 at Brazil. Really hope they get it. lol

Bented RHO_RRH is not exatcly a new solution, EESC USP already raced with a car like this at Brazil and midwest couple years ago.

I swear UFP brings 2 cars every year, haha.

I'd say EESC USP got lucky! LOL
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pedro UFPBaja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/14/2012 at 4:55pm

Seats much more lower and the angle of the photo makes it appear that is much lower than reality.
Measures and position of the pilot are the same as previous cars, the only difference and that is all bent. (actually is the same file since 2011 i guess)

EAD
Well, to be at RIT the team must be top 3 at Baja SAE Brazil. Really hope they get it. lol

Bented RHO-RRH is not exatcly a new solution, EESC USP already raced with a car like this at Brazil and midwest some years ago.

Edited by Pedro UFPBaja - Aug/16/2012 at 6:22pm
Former Team Captain
EAD Motorsports View Drop Down
Welding Master
Welding Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EAD Motorsports Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/14/2012 at 4:51pm

Might want to ask baja rules about the RRH. I've never seen a firewall fabbed like yours. The upper LC isn't in-plane with the vertical RRH tubes. If you move the upper LC to be in-plane, then you probably don't have 6" of of vertical space between the LC and helmet.

Not trying to badmouth the frame! Just trying to keep you from arriving at RIT, only to have the tech's make you re-do portions of the RRH.
Soccerdan7 View Drop Down
Organizer
Organizer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soccerdan7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/14/2012 at 4:47pm
I really can't see that passing the 6" head clearance rule based on those pictures with that person. unless some how they are seated a lot lower, then it might be close.
Danny

Cornell

(fall'07 - spring'12)
Former Captain / MEng / that guy with all the carbon
10 races, 7 top ten's, 2 overall wins
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pedro UFPBaja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/14/2012 at 2:20pm
is the same size as the previous cars that meet the rules

Former Team Captain
taukea View Drop Down
Welding Master
Welding Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taukea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/14/2012 at 8:38am
Your noggin is mighty close to that roll hoop!
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pedro UFPBaja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/14/2012 at 1:16am

Edited by Pedro UFPBaja - Aug/14/2012 at 1:20am
Former Team Captain
collinskl1 View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote collinskl1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/25/2012 at 9:01pm
That's a seriously quality production!  Great job with that!
Kyle Collins
Lipscomb University Alumni
2x Project Manager

Nexteer Automotive
Product Engineer, Electronic Power Steering

... and the 8th simple machine: a bigger hammer.
kfilenda View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfilenda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/25/2012 at 4:30pm
Here is a video from UW-Milwaukee that highlights the entire process of making our new chassis from design to competition. Enjoy.

cwelch View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwelch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/04/2012 at 3:33pm
*disclamer- I am realllyyy hung and still "sociallized" from fourth of July festivities last night, so this may be long and dry"
well, here is the story of New Mexico Techs 2012 car. I haven't had a chance to keep up to date with it as We didnt sleep more than 3 hours a night from when school ended until Wisconsin. 

Our team this year was a fairly small team of 12 people, and the fact that we were all friends and worked well together really helped the long days in the shop go by very quick, and that was very nice. the downfall we had this year was funding. We built this car without getting a dime from the school until June 1st, even though we put in our funding proposal at the end of the last fiscal year, so that was very discouraging for us. We all "invested" a lot of money into the car, and our faculty advisor took the cake by being out 5 grand Dead It was a really fun year, which included a lot of booze in the baja shop the night before the fire marshal came to visit...yeah we got a write up... lol. Anyway on to the pictars...

Here is the car in mid march. We tried our damnedest to have the car done by Valentines day in order to get a solid 3 months of testing done...but that didnt happen. It felt like the end was in sight from Febuary, but it dragged and dragged on until May, when we finally drove the car for the first time.

The first time we "unveiled" the car was at our schools design conference on the 3rd floor of our student union. in order to get the car up the elevator we had to take off all of the suspensionOuch. this was a 2 hour affair due to the fact we had no tools on campus to tear her apart, and we were all wearing dress clothes lol 

Then came testing, we tested, broke, tested, built more stuff, tested. and repeated this from the end of school up until the Sunday before we left to go to Wisconsin. ( we left on Tuesday)

but at competition we experienced some unforeseen carb problems in the endurance race, which really bummed us out and hindered our performance.
Overall it was an Awesome Year!

-Cam Welch
-New Mexico Tech
ErikHardy View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErikHardy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/26/2012 at 8:58pm
The Sweetness:
Something that isn't mentioned is the ability to weld umm how do I say this, "through space". As in, take a stack of 4 square tubes and its entirely possible to weld all of them together in a single pass. SWS said they made a 5 cylinder prototype engine by electron beam welding another cylinder onto a 4 cylinder.Thumbs Up  BTW, SWS has been one of the best companies I have worked with at work and for baja. Keep them in mind for your professional career.
Tony Rivera View Drop Down
Welding Master
Welding Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Rivera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/26/2012 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by ErikHardy ErikHardy wrote:

There is a welding process perfect for this application. I'll give you a hint, you can almost grab the part after being welded due to heat input...Smile

So... what is the answer?...
Tony Rivera

Arizona State University
Team Captain 2009-2010

Local Motors Vehicle Systems Engineer
zglazer View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zglazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2012 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by varun varun wrote:

hello guys, after seeing all these photos of gearboxes i couldnt help but notice that many teams dont use a diff, can someone please explain me the necessity of using a differential in a baja car....i mean what if there is there is no diff at all...since many teams do it... this year we are manufacturing our own gearbox and i am confused on having a build in differential or not...also if i m putting a differential will a open diff work or will i need to use a LSD...i m very confused please help guys...Confused
You will have to do your own research on that, and this thread is really not the place to ask about that. There are advantages and disadvantages to differentials, and and each approach has its own compromises. Whether or not you should use one (and if so, what kind) is something you will need to decide on based on your specific goals.

Edited by zglazer - Jun/24/2012 at 9:06pm
Zack Glazer
McGill Baja Racing Alumnus 2009-2013 http://baja.mcgilleus.ca/
2012-2013 Drivetrain Designer
varun View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2012 at 4:05pm
hello guys, after seeing all these photos of gearboxes i couldnt help but notice that many teams dont use a diff, can someone please explain me the necessity of using a differential in a baja car....i mean what if there is there is no diff at all...since many teams do it... this year we are manufacturing our own gearbox and i am confused on having a build in differential or not...also if i m putting a differential will a open diff work or will i need to use a LSD...i m very confused please help guys...Confused
varun anadkat
K.J.Somaiya College Of Engineering
johnfar109 View Drop Down
Organizer
Organizer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnfar109 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2012 at 10:30am
Originally posted by p.lewis p.lewis wrote:

Originally posted by AndyRIT AndyRIT wrote:

I have no idea how to transfer from DVD to online, I also think it is copy-writed. Jonfar might no better, it was a couple years ago, I don't remember.

Yeah that is the one. They where going to make a second one with a bit more content but WXXI never got a chance to finish the project before funding Ran out.
- John Farnach

RIT BAJA SAE

That Guy 04-09'

RIT 2010 Maneuverability Captain & Track Prep and Construction
RIT 2013, 2016, 2019 Electronic Scoring & Track Prep and Construction
p.lewis View Drop Down
Welding Master
Welding Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.lewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2012 at 8:49am

I have no idea how to transfer from DVD to online, I also think it is copy-writed. Jonfar might no better, it was a couple years ago, I don't remember.
University of Rochester Alum
VivaLaShay View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VivaLaShay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/2012 at 2:21pm

We had local PBS station do a documentary back in 07? To help with sponsorship of the RIT race. We tried to get other teams involved but it never worked out. I don't think the video is online anywhere, I only have a DVD copy.

Care to share that?
ODU Baja
AndyRIT View Drop Down
Organizer
Organizer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyRIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/2012 at 4:25am
We had local PBS station do a documentary back in 07? To help with sponsorship of the RIT race. We tried to get other teams involved but it never worked out. I don't think the video is online anywhere, I only have a DVD copy.
RIT Baja SAE Alumni 04'-09'
RIT Baja Team Manager 06'-08'
2010 RIT Track builder
2011 CAT/IL Comp Team Leader
2012 Wis vol
2013 RIT Track Builder
Diesel Calibration Engineer-Kohler Engines
Organizer
Organizer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soccerdan7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/2012 at 4:27am
Yea, 

Having multiple teams would be super difficult with all the buildup and such. I suppose the best thing would have been to interview you and the guys from RIT after the awards or something to get a few takes on it from the top finishers.

It was for a nonfiction film class so it was very much tailored to that but still turned out as an awesome recruitment tool and something to remember this year by. I particularly like my ramblings in final design and the emergency driveshaft change during endurance.
Danny

Cornell

(fall'07 - spring'12)
tp View Drop Down
Welding Master
Welding Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/2012 at 2:36am
Nice video! Although to tell you the truth, 85% of my focus was watching for our car.

My only comment, and it was the same thing with our formula team's "Relentless" video, is I would love to see a Baja or Formula documentary with a broad focus and showcased several teams. It's real hard get a perspective of the competition through the eyes of just one team. 
-Tom

Oregon State BajaSAE Team Captain
Organizer
Organizer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soccerdan7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2012 at 8:43pm
For those of you that saw the camera crew with our usual entourage at competition, that was my gf and her friend filming a documentary of our team for a school project. Here it is in all it's glory:

Danny

Cornell

(fall'07 - spring'12)
frinesi2 View Drop Down
Organizer
Organizer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frinesi2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2012 at 8:17pm
JB Weld. Definitely JB Weld.
ErikHardy View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErikHardy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2012 at 7:34pm
Nope, the parts would be awfully hot after that process. You can almost grab the part after its weldedWink
MTomasko2011 View Drop Down
Milling Master
Milling Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MTomasko2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2012 at 7:05pm
I'm going to guess friction welded?
Ohio Northern University
Sauerkraut View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sauerkraut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2012 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by sandres913 sandres913 wrote:

Just standard Honda? Only really seen Polaris and Arctic Cat

Honda Rubicon
sandres913 View Drop Down
Welding Master
Welding Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandres913 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2012 at 2:24pm

The weld is on the other side haha

BAH! That would explain it! @_@
Shaun
Purdue University Calumet - PUC Motorsports
2010 - Washington #18
2011 - Peoria #30
2012 - Wisconsin #54
ErikHardy View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErikHardy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2012 at 2:23pm
The weld is on the other side haha
Welding Master
Welding Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandres913 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2012 at 2:17pm

Think outside of what is available to you at the moment in the shop. There are a ton of different welding processes, each of them have their advantages and disadvantages. I'm not going to tell you what we used, I'll let you do your own research Tongue

Fair enough! In either case, it looks like a very clean and precise weld, very cool!
Shaun
2010 - Washington #18
2011 - Peoria #30
2012 - Wisconsin #54
ErikHardy View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErikHardy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2012 at 2:14pm
Think outside of what is available to you at the moment in the shop. There are a ton of different welding processes, each of them have their advantages and disadvantages. I'm not going to tell you what we used, I'll let you do your own research Tongue
Welding Master
Welding Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandres913 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2012 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by VivaLaShay VivaLaShay wrote:

First time with these gear thingies for us.ConfusedAnd you can see where I set the depth wrong on the ol 2 axis haha

Holy gear reduction Batman!
And Thumbs Up for the diff! I'm looking at doing the same thing on our drivetrain next year! It looks like...*squints* a 4 spline? Interesting choice, machined in-house? Not bashing it at all, I remember the trouble we used to have with splines
Case looks very nice! You should polish that sucker! MO' BLING! LOL

Thats a Honda diff

Just standard Honda? Only really seen Polaris and Arctic Cat

No Keys, no snaprings, straight up welded carburized 8620. Unfortunately I think you have become victim to something that I think all us (myself included!) SAE students fall into at one point or another. We become so used to what is available to us in the shop that we start assuming, bad for engineering! In this case you are probably assuming they were tig welded, which is possible and would probably work but would cause a myriad of other problems. There is a welding processperfect for this application. I'll give you a hint, you can almost grab the part after being welded due to heat input...Smile

Yeah you're pretty much rightCry We've got Stick, Mig n Tig. So of course all we do is Tig mainly. Never actually seen Stick done first person. But if I had to guess.......Laser or Mig? Confused
Shaun
2010 - Washington #18
2011 - Peoria #30
2012 - Wisconsin #54
J.Cremer View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J.Cremer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2012 at 9:19am
[QUOTE=ErikHardy]No Keys, no snaprings, straight up welded carburized 8620.... 

Just wanted to add a correction, the weld was not on the carburized material.  Thats a no-no.
Kettering Baja
VivaLaShay View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VivaLaShay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2012 at 9:14am

First time with these gear thingies for us.ConfusedAnd you can see where I set the depth wrong on the ol 2 axis haha

And Thumbs Up for the diff! I'm looking at doing the same thing on our drivetrain next year! It looks like...*squints* a 4 spline? Interesting choice, machined in-house? Not bashing it at all, I remember the trouble we used to have with splines

Thats a Honda diff

ODU Baja
ErikHardy View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErikHardy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2012 at 9:10am
No Keys, no snaprings, straight up welded carburized 8620. Unfortunately I think you have become victim to something that I think all us (myself included!) SAE students fall into at one point or another. We become so used to what is available to us in the shop that we start assuming, bad for engineering! In this case you are probably assuming they were tig welded, which is possible and would probably work but would cause a myriad of other problems. There is a welding process perfect for this application. I'll give you a hint, you can almost grab the part after being welded due to heat input...Smile
Welding Master
Welding Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandres913 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2012 at 10:28am

Funny you say that, almost all of the case was cut with a 3/4" roughing end mill, it looks scruffyLOL A lot of it was done manually so theres a ton of mistakes haha.
The middle gear bits are welded together..

Well I meant the packaging, ours has a bit of space to it this year and last year...actually come to think of it most of ours have been aluminum boxes due to price of aluminum and little funding

ShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShocked WELDED? Clap As in no keys or snap rings, just plain welded to the shaft? Gears hardened at all? Our welder (graduated now) generally denounces welding things together like this...even though his welds are legendary among a few judges.

EDIT: Guess that could sound like a dick comment...Not bashing the finish on the case, doesn't look bad, I was just focusing on the packaging is all! Thumbs Up

Edited by sandres913 - May/16/2012 at 11:52am
Shaun
2010 - Washington #18
2011 - Peoria #30
2012 - Wisconsin #54
ErikHardy View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErikHardy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2012 at 10:19am

Funny you say that, almost all of the case was cut with a 3/4" roughing end mill, it looks scruffyLOL A lot of it was done manually so theres a ton of mistakes haha.
The middle gear bits are welded together..
jeiB View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeiB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2012 at 10:05am

Looks like the middle shaft/gears are one piece no?
Jeremie B.
McGill Baja Racing
2009-2011 Captain
minibaja.mcgill.ca
Welding Master
Welding Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandres913 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2012 at 10:02am

Shaun
2010 - Washington #18
2011 - Peoria #30
2012 - Wisconsin #54
ErikHardy View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErikHardy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2012 at 8:56am
Loooooooved the Diff!! We have always run a spool so didn't really know what to expect with the diff. I was worried about the one wheel peel in the mud but was pleasantly surprised. The shim thats currently in there now leaves the diff relatively open which was excellent in the corners! Even in the Washington mud, never felt like I was going to get stuck. Its nice to be able to push the dam thing around without skidding a tire
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic