Official Baja SAE Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Design Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Maximum angle for Polaris CV joint

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teruel_ita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Maximum angle for Polaris CV joint
    Posted: Sep/07/2011 at 7:36pm
What is the maximum angle in which a Polaris Sportsman 500 CV joint can work? (both inboard and outboard). Also, I know losses increase with the angle, but does anybody know the relation between the two? Some kind of "losses x angle" graph, or something like that.

Thanks a lot,
Pedro Teruel, O Vereador
Member of ITA Baja
São José dos Campos - Brazil
ErikHardy View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErikHardy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2011 at 9:08pm

I want to say the  front axle for the sportsman Cv's can go up to 35ish degrees inboard and something crazy like 45-50ish degrees outboard, but don't hold me on that. I'd love to see a graph as well..

CLReedy21 View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLReedy21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2011 at 9:40pm
I can't speak to the capabilities of Poo-laris parts but here's a nifty article of CV efficiencies:

http://www.thompsoncouplings.com/documents/pdf/Reports/FKA%20Effeciency%20Report.pdf
-Chris Reedy
TTU Alumni
Fourwheeler Drawer

"Quick with the hammer, slow with the brain."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic