Official Baja SAE Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

engine issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Double Secret Probation
Double Secret Probation

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anakin619 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: engine issue
    Posted: Feb/01/2019 at 11:57pm
A team has been intrested in selling us the engine . When the engine runs white smoke is acoming from it.Seeing the white smoke makes us believe that teh piston rings are gone. They are saying that its been too long for them since they started the engine,hence the smoke. Please post your opinions on the same and how it will effect the engine perfomance. I am attaching the link of the ruuning engine video.               

desertwolf View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2019 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by anakin619 anakin619 wrote:

A team has been intrested in selling us the engine . When the engine runs white smoke is acoming from it.Seeing the white smoke makes us believe that teh piston rings are gone. They are saying that its been too long for them since they started the engine,hence the smoke. Please post your opinions on the same and how it will effect the engine perfomance. I am attaching the link of the ruuning engine video.               

There was definitely a huge plum of smoke at the initial startup. While this is concerning, I do know that if an engine hasn't been started in a while it will do that, but this seems like way to much smoke for such a small engine. I also noticed a few extra puffs of smoke while it was running.

Another thing is if the smoke has a blue tint to it, which means its burning oil (white for water/coolant).

Personally, I would say that you should pass on getting that engine unless you are willing the go through it and work on it. Good luck.
Titan Racing Baja

AMA District 37 - Desert Series
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic