FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rules interpretation?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
kanade64 View Drop Down
Double Secret Probation
Double Secret Probation

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kanade64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rules interpretation?
    Posted: Dec/05/2017 at 2:17pm
RHO isnt part of FAB
it will ne btr if u postdown some image of yours to statify ur issue..
RLM View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RLM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2017 at 8:45am
For this kind of question, please submit an official rules clarification question to the official technical inspectors. Any answers given on this forum are the personal interpretation of the poster and may not accurately reflect the interpretation of the technical inspectors (who are the only ones with opinions that matter in this situation).

With that out of the way, my interpretation is that the RHO is not part of the FAB system. only members which make up either the rear bracing or front bracing. it is also my interpretation that in terms of the general chassis structure (not including members which are not defined by the rules and are optionally installed by teams to mount components), members that meet the definition of a straight member according to the rules, may not extend more than 40" between named points, however, in the FAB systems specifically, no member, bent or straight, may exceed 40" in unsupported length.
McMaster Baja Racing (09-Dec 2015)
Team Captain 2012-2015
Suspension Lead 2015-2016
All spoonfeed PM requests will be billed at $10 USD per reply, payable via paypal.
ddixon01 View Drop Down
Double Secret Probation
Double Secret Probation

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddixon01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/01/2017 at 1:36pm
Hey guys

I'm triple checking our new frame and everything seems to be fine. However, the rules state that straight members can not exceed 40' between named points. The technical inspection sheet from last year says section B8.3.9 "Members in the FAB system must not exceed 40" in unsupported length" but the rule booksays "Straight members can not exceed more than 40" between named points"

Is the RHO a part of the FAB? From point C to point B I measured 41.5" from the center lines. This piece also has a gusset, so if they were to measure from the center line of point C to the gusset it's well under the required length. 

Will this fail tech?

I can't figure out how to upload the picture cause it won't show but if you want I can email you a screenshot. Thank you!

Edited by ddixon01 - Dec/01/2017 at 1:47pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic