FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CVT Torsion Spring rates

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
RLM View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RLM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CVT Torsion Spring rates
    Posted: Aug/23/2018 at 8:15am
springs, weights, and physics. out of the box, the CVT will operate properly, though not optimally. it is up to ou to tune it. there are a ton of resources on this forum on CVT tuning. there are also several books out there. Hint: They are also commonly referred to as clutches and are used quite a bit in ATV's and in snowmobiles.
McMaster Baja Racing (09-Dec 2015)
Team Captain 2012-2015
Suspension Lead 2015-2016
All spoonfeed PM requests will be billed at $10 USD per reply, payable via paypal.
Bantu View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bantu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/22/2018 at 1:18pm
Hi I am from South Africa. I am working on the same Cvt, my aim is to optimize the Cvt for better acceleration. My question is, how do I make the sheaves to move in and out? How do I make the belt to go up and down as the sheaves moves in and out?
JJ1990 View Drop Down
Double Secret Probation
Double Secret Probation

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JJ1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2017 at 1:21pm
Hi. I am currently working on a simulator for a Comet 780 series CVT, which uses three torsion springs on the primary clutch. 

What I cannot find anywhere is the spring rates of those torsion springs. I have seen several charts that show the engagement rpms for different weights-springs combinations, like this one. It shows the colour code of each spring, but not the spring rate (which is necessary for my simulator). 

Thank you

uploads/4476/Engagement_chart.png
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic