FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gaged Gx9 Springs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
sujandinesh View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sujandinesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gaged Gx9 Springs
    Posted: Apr/16/2017 at 1:14pm
Nothing specific to the "primary sheaves" spring stiffness, but your procedure should get you the value you are looking for. 
To get better averaging, use multiple steps of forces and hence deflections and determine its slope. 

If you extend this to higher forces (<max load), you can also see when the spring starts to shows a non linear behaviour and you can ignore those samples while determining k.  
RVCE BAJA: 2011-2015
General Motors: 2015-2016
Tyre Testing - University Racing Eindhoven: 2016-2017
Tyre Dynamics - TASS International: 2017-2018

Tyre Engineer - Apollo Vredestein
The Netherlands
loveforBaja View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveforBaja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/16/2017 at 12:38am
Hello,
 While calculating clamping force on the primary sheaves I came across a term 'k' (spring stiffness)
now I'm finding ways to calculate this constant, but unfortunately the only specification that is given on the Gaged website is force value 45lbs.
 I'm thinking to compress the spring by using certain force upto 2-3mm and as per that I can get the value for k by using    F = - k  *  (del) x
 Experts just let me know if this would give me the value for k ?
 And yeah Bill from Gaged Engineering isn't replying on this query.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic