Official Baja SAE Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Classifieds > Sale / Trade
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wanted to Buy: Dana H-12

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Double Secret Probation
Double Secret Probation

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxdrew88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wanted to Buy: Dana H-12
    Posted: Apr/26/2016 at 8:57am
Wanted to buy: rebuilding an old Baja car and am looking for a Dana H-12 fnr transaxle. What I am not looking for: a dealer to sell me a new one. Thanks, I can use the search button to get that info, but don't find it possible to shell out $1000-$1500 on a new unit for an old car. What I am looking for: a team that has a USED gearbox or gearbox parts laying around that they want to sell, as I am fine Frankenstein-Ing one together. OR if some has some info on the Golf carts that run them. Specifically more then just a gas powered Ez-Go... Located in San Diego, CA. Please contact Max at 6197707578 If anyone here has one collecting dust or can push me in the direction of a team or someone that has one!
bracer View Drop Down
Milling Master
Milling Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/12/2016 at 9:34pm
After a successful shop cleaning day, we found a couple of dana H-12 transmissions in various amounts of assembly. If you are still looking for one, we can probably come up with a complete unit, and agree on a price.

I see that you're located in San Diego, so if it works out, we could bring it with to the California comp this year, saving you shipping charges.
jayjaybrenner View Drop Down
Double Secret Probation
Double Secret Probation

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayjaybrenner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2017 at 2:01pm
Hey do you have any more?  we need one asap here in brooklyn. Can you please reply here or better yet contact me:
6467303383?
jayjaybrenner@gmail.com 
asap please ! 

bracer View Drop Down
Milling Master
Milling Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2017 at 10:43pm
jayjaybrenner, I sent you an email.  BH
Gamecockbaja View Drop Down
Double Secret Probation
Double Secret Probation

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gamecockbaja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2017 at 9:31pm
What price would you charge for one to have it shipped to south carolina asap? Let us know and we will get back to you. email us at gamecockbaja@gmail.com
Could you also send pictures of anything related to it. We have one but it has parts all around our shop and we'd like to consider having a spare.
Jon K. View Drop Down
Milling Master
Milling Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon K. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/25/2017 at 1:20pm
I have a quantity of the Dana / Schafer H-12 FNR IRS model.  I am working on photos .  .  .  . not having any luck so far .  .  .  .  .  

Completely new, complete with half-shafts. 13.25 : 1 ratio.  Also equipped with the Hilliard autolocker installed by Dana.  The wheel end of the half-shaft uses the Polaris spline.  I have full technical description.

ANSI B92.1 Class 5 Involute Spline
Diametral Pitch: 24/48
Module Pitch: 1.05833
Pressure Angle: 30
Number of Teeth: 20
Base Diameter: 0.72169
Minor Diameter: 0.77708
Major Diameter: 0.875

When assembled with centered wheels and a 25x11x12" tire the overall width is approximately 50"

I got these from a manufacturer that was shutting down.  These are horribly expensive as you guys probably know, I got them for a pretty good deal, I can let them go for $500 shipped anywhere in the USA.

Please contact me for more info, or ask right here on the boards, I am happy to answer any questions.

Well, I am having trouble with the photos, but I believe you can cut and past the links below .  .  .  . 

http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/xx239/joncraigsstuff/100_0860_zpsyujcjy7j.jpg

http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/xx239/joncraigsstuff/100_0861_zpsezpwrca6.jpg

Edited by Jon K. - Mar/25/2017 at 1:51pm
mattf View Drop Down
Double Secret Probation
Double Secret Probation

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2017 at 2:33pm
Do you have anymore Dana H12 FNR transaxles? I just blew out the bearings on mine would like to replace it instead of trying to repair it.
Jon K. View Drop Down
Milling Master
Milling Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon K. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2017 at 2:59pm
 Yep, I have a few of these.
   PM send.
    Thanks,
       Jon

Still trying to figure out how to do photos.  Anybody got any secrets?  It just doesn't want to co-operate with me .  .  .  . 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic