Official Baja SAE Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We want YOU to be a Tech Inspector!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Organizer
Organizer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jarmumd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: We want YOU to be a Tech Inspector!
    Posted: Mar/03/2014 at 10:32am
If you would like to become a National Technical Inspector this year, see if you meet our minimum requirements to become a tech.

1.      You have not been involved with any team as a member for at least 1 full year prior to being a NTI.
2.      You must not provide any technical guidance to the design or manufacturing process to any teams.
3.      You are responsible for your expenses for the first year.  We will evaluate your fit with our group and if it is a good fit for both parties then we will make you part of the team.
    a.       Your second year we will pick up the cost for your hotel, food and transportation at the events.  (you still have to get to the site)
4.      Preference will be given to people that can attend two events per year.

So if these items seem reasonable and you would like to participate please let me know. 
Auburn Baja 03-05

Masters involving dynamic simulation of baja car and driver

SAE Auburn Race Organizer 06, 09, 12, 15

SAE Birmingham Race Organizer 11

National Tech. Inspector 07-15
jarmumd View Drop Down
Organizer
Organizer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jarmumd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2014 at 9:44am
Only a few responses, I know we have quite a few alumni!  Is there something keeping you from helping us out with Tech?  If so, could you post it or PM me?
Auburn Baja 03-05

Masters involving dynamic simulation of baja car and driver

SAE Auburn Race Organizer 06, 09, 12, 15

SAE Birmingham Race Organizer 11

National Tech. Inspector 07-15
collinskl1 View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote collinskl1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2014 at 10:46am
The only real issue for me is geography. The events are prohibitively far away to make it a quick and easy trip.

I do think the travel expense deal is fair for all parties involved though.
Kyle Collins
Lipscomb University Alumni
2x Project Manager

Nexteer Automotive
Product Engineer, Electronic Power Steering

... and the 8th simple machine: a bigger hammer.
joey.m.gonzalez View Drop Down
Welding Master
Welding Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey.m.gonzalez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/11/2014 at 9:54pm
I would definitely be interested in helping out, however, I'm in my last year as Team Captain.  I graduate this May, and will be attending UTEP and Peoria.  Wish I could help, but I'm not an alumni just yet.  Next season for sure!

Joey
Tony Rivera View Drop Down
Welding Master
Welding Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Rivera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2014 at 12:58pm
I am interested for sure. I volunteered last year in Washington, and helped with course design/setup as well as working the course on dynamic days.
Tony Rivera

Arizona State University
Team Captain 2009-2010

Local Motors Vehicle Systems Engineer
adrive7 View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrive7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2014 at 2:49pm
Sent you a PM.
-Joe
Chief Organizer, Baja California 2016, 2017, 2019
Ohio State Baja 2005-2009
Co-Host, Science... Sort Of
http://www.sciencesortof.com
SAEBajaTechs View Drop Down
Welding Master
Welding Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAEBajaTechs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/06/2014 at 10:03am
We are looking to add two more techs this year.  Let us know if you are interested.
Welding Master
Welding Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAEBajaTechs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/18/2014 at 11:43am
Still looking for two more techs.   Please contact me if you know of anyone.
Welding Master
Welding Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAEBajaTechs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2015 at 3:24pm
Still Looking for one more tech.
Welding Master
Welding Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAEBajaTechs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/21/2015 at 1:57pm
Thank you to all the new volunteers, we have gotten everyone we need for this year. 
Welding Master
Welding Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAEBajaTechs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/30/2016 at 8:51pm
For the 2017 season we are looking for two more techs to join our team.  Please contact me if you are interested or know someone.  Thanks!
Elpwnage20 View Drop Down
Welding Master
Welding Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elpwnage20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2017 at 6:49pm
I'm interested in inspecting for the 2018 Oregon events. 

I've been an alumni for 2 years already and have been a captain before. 

Let me know if you need me!
Welding Master
Welding Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAEBajaTechs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/21/2017 at 10:20pm
We are looking for 2-3 new techs for 2018, you need to be willing to attend two events.
Welding Master
Welding Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAEBajaTechs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2018 at 11:49pm
We are looking for 2-3 new techs for 2019, you need to be willing to attend two events.
Welding Master
Welding Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAEBajaTechs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/09/2019 at 9:18am
We are again looking for 1-2 new techs for 2019, you need to be will Ming to attend two events.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic