Official Baja SAE Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Design Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need Help Finding Parts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 53caddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need Help Finding Parts
    Posted: Nov/10/2008 at 1:24pm
I am having a hard time finding the Back Up alarm, Back up lights and Brake lights that comply to the rules any help.
2009 UTC Mini Baja
jarmumd View Drop Down
Organizer
Organizer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jarmumd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/10/2008 at 6:29pm
Silly question, but have you tried going out to advance or autozone or napa to look for them?  Most websites will not display their SAE certification, sometimes you have to zoom in on the product image to see what it meets.
JeremyB View Drop Down
Organizer
Organizer
Last one standing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeremyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/10/2008 at 8:28pm
Here's a link to a back-up alarm. http://order.waytekwire.com/productdetail/M37/48001
It is referenced in the SAE rules document.

53caddy View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 53caddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/10/2008 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by jarmumd jarmumd wrote:

Silly question, but have you tried going out to advance or autozone or napa to look for them?  Most websites will not display their SAE certification, sometimes you have to zoom in on the product image to see what it meets.

That’s the problem I am encountering that we don't have petty cash to go out and buy stuff. So no go on advance or autozone or napa. We have to get everything approved to buy.

2009 UTC Mini Baja
jarmumd View Drop Down
Organizer
Organizer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jarmumd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/10/2008 at 11:04pm
Unfortunately I dont think we have enough teams on here to answer you question soon enough, hopefully the auburn team can help you out (GUYS).  I suppose it's difficult to just go to the store to look?  Then get prices and go back?
53caddy View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 53caddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2008 at 8:31am
I think I have talked our purchasing agent at school to allow me to go out and spend some petty cash.
2009 UTC Mini Baja
jarmumd View Drop Down
Organizer
Organizer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jarmumd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2008 at 12:29pm
Right now, I am completely swamped with work, but hopefully one of the things that can come out of this forum is a Baja FAQ, which would have a list of lights that are acceptable and where to find them, so make sure to post up your findings!
potter View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote potter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/14/2008 at 11:48am
Well, although this is kind of redundant, we're having the same problem in our team... So if someone can help us, please let us know!
TerpsRacing-Dan View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerpsRacing-Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2008 at 9:14am
I know its kind of a bad answer, but all of those are under $20 items, I'd just assign people on the team to buy them from the auto parts store if I was in your situation.  We have a pretty good budget and a stock of petty cash from Tshirt sales and I still end up paying out of pocket for a lot of stuff because its quicker.

Also http://www.optronicsinc.com brand lights have the SAE/DOT stamp, but you have to find a dealer for them.  http://southeasttrailersupply.com sells their stuff.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic