FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Track Day

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
adrive7 View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrive7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Track Day
    Posted: May/16/2009 at 2:51am
Hey Everyone,

Looking at the weather for today, the forecast has deteriorated to rain all day. Since our track is particularly bad in heavy mud, and standing in the rain all day for something that isn't an actual competition sucks. Also, there have been no firm RSVPs. So...

The track day is CANCELLED for May 16.

Sorry for the inconvenience/late notice.  Please let your teams know.

We will probably be at our track the next couple of weekends as well, so if you need a place to test/train and are particularly close, feel free to shoot me an email/call to see if we are heading out there.

301-792-8838
batwinis.1@osu.edu
-Joe
Chief Organizer, Baja California 2016, 2017, 2019
Ohio State Baja 2005-2009
Co-Host, Science... Sort Of
http://www.sciencesortof.com
Kenneth View Drop Down
Milling Master
Milling Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenneth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2009 at 11:09pm
You might have heard already, but we broke in Oregon and won't have the car up and running again in time for this. We appreciate you putting on the event and are really sorry we can't make it.
University of Michigan Baja Racing
adrive7 View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrive7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2009 at 6:23pm
Anybody finalize their plans for tomorrow? Still not sure how many people to expect. 
-Joe
adrive7 View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrive7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2009 at 2:06pm
Glad to hear it. Hopefully we get a pretty good turn out.
-Joe
FennFoxes View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FennFoxes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2009 at 11:02am

Fenn Colloge of Engineering At Cleveland State is intrested in coming. we are 99% sure on it. If we do we will only have a truck and small trailer and two cars max. We will let you know in the next day or two.

adrive7 View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrive7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2009 at 11:10pm
Hey Folks,

Here is a first run through at rules and info. Email me if you are planning on coming. batwinis.1@osu.edu 

Keep watching this thread for the disclosure and updates.

Hope to see you Saturday. 

-Joe
adrive7 View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrive7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2009 at 6:12pm
My email to the Michigan Dearborn guys got bounced. If any of you Ann Arbor folk know an email for em, pass it on. 
-Joe
adrive7 View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrive7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2009 at 12:09am
Alrighty. All the schools close-ish to OSU should have just gotten an email from me. It may have gone to your advisor or even your ME Chair/College Dean Embarrassed if I couldn't find an email for your team directly.

Keep your eyes peeled for rules/waivers.
-Joe
Bi-Brow View Drop Down
Welding Master
Welding Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bi-Brow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2009 at 10:31pm
Yeah it is getting a little old like. bsmyse01@louisville is my email if you gots any info to send our way.

Thanks
Cummins XPI Pump Development Engineer
2012 Midnight Mayhem Coordinator
2008-2010 UofL Baja Captain
2011 Powertrain
adrive7 View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrive7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2009 at 9:56pm
Cool. I went through and found emails for the teams I could find within 4ish hours. Except you guys (Louisville). Couldn't find an email for you. Your website could use an update Wink

Hopefully we can keep both our cars running. Today we took 2008 and 2009 out and 2008 broke its 3rd knuckle in 1 week. First two were a result of the hub bearings exploding. This time the spindle snapped off. Yeesh. That car is getting expensive.

Edited by adrive7 - May/04/2009 at 9:58pm
-Joe
Bi-Brow View Drop Down
Welding Master
Welding Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bi-Brow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2009 at 9:49pm
Sounds like a good time.  If we can get our parts re-made before summer classes start here in a week we would be interested in comin up as well. 
Cummins XPI Pump Development Engineer
2012 Midnight Mayhem Coordinator
2008-2010 UofL Baja Captain
2011 Powertrain
adrive7 View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrive7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/29/2009 at 9:37am
Update: I got official permission for May 16th from the facility that houses our track. So, plan on the 16th, pretty much all day. 

I'll be coming up with some basic rules for the day, but its mostly informal. No tech inspection needed, but safety gear is a good idea. We might do a "proof of stopping ability" brake check. 

Spread the word/let me know if you are coming. I'll be sending out an email to teams around the area, but its open to whoever. 

Edited by adrive7 - Apr/29/2009 at 9:38am
-Joe
Kenneth View Drop Down
Milling Master
Milling Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenneth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2009 at 6:48pm
I'm almost certain that we'd be able to make this so long as our car comes back from Oregon unscathed. I'll probably be in Columbus that day anyway for an autocross, so I wouldn't actually be there myself for most of the day, but this would be great for the team.
infocustrasti View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infocustrasti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2009 at 3:28pm
University of Dayton should be all for it!! it is probably an hour or so drive for us!! BTW if you guys need help setting stuff up in the track let me know. Can speak for the whole team but at least I would be willing to go and help.
adrive7 View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrive7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2009 at 6:27pm
Thoughts on May 16th for a track day in Columbus, Ohio?
-Joe
Kenneth View Drop Down
Milling Master
Milling Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenneth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2009 at 11:35am
Michigan may be interested if it's not the same weekend as Oregon. As is, we have pretty much no testing grounds.
MTomasko2011 View Drop Down
Milling Master
Milling Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MTomasko2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2009 at 11:12am
Hey this is Matt from Ohio Northern Baja.  I was actually thinking of trying to do something like that late summer or next fall.  I think this would be a great way to get to know people better, see what other teams are doing, and maybe even drive some other cars.  Some of the guys on our team seemed really into this, but we most likely wouldnt be able to do anything until after competition.  Were still trying to finish up the car, and we really cant afford (I mean we literally cant afford! lol) to break anything else right now.  If you guys would be interested in postponing this or even maybe taking a trip somewhere else in the fall i'd be more than willing to help with whatever planning needed done.  
adrive7 View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrive7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2009 at 10:08am
Hey Everyone,

I'm considering hosting a track day at our new test track sometime in May. Maybe the weekend of Oregon. Nothing too big, something along the lines of the Auburn practice day, except in Ohio. Obviously this is aimed more at Ohio region teams, but anyone would be welcome. 

This is just to gauge interest. Nothing official yet. Reply if you might be interested. 
-Joe
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic