Official Baja SAE Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Design Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Baja Ala 2009 Results

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 53caddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Baja Ala 2009 Results
    Posted: Apr/19/2009 at 9:51pm
When will we know when all the results will be up. We left kind of in a hurry to get back to Chattanooga in time.
2009 UTC Mini Baja
TerpsRacing-Dan View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerpsRacing-Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2009 at 11:20pm

tend to take a few days. I wasn't there because I have a real job now, but I heard from my guys top 3 are Sherbrooke, ETS and University of MD - College Park.

Thats right 3rd!!!  Look for an equal or better showing at Wisconsin from us (I'll try to make it to that). 
CLReedy21 View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLReedy21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2009 at 12:11am
Good job guys, it's nice to see another team using the Gaged setup although it looks like you got a little bit more testing in than we did.

Also tell your endurance driver to try not to rear end me midair in Wisconsin.
-Chris Reedy
TTU Alumni
Fourwheeler Drawer

"Quick with the hammer, slow with the brain."
jo0aco0 View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jo0aco0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2009 at 12:56am
its good to see you got nice results, I'll see you guys in Wisconsin 
J. P.
Laguna Baja Capt.
TerpsRacing-Dan View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerpsRacing-Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2009 at 8:40am
Originally posted by CLReedy21 CLReedy21 wrote:

Good job guys, it's nice to see another team using the Gaged setup although it looks like you got a little bit more testing in than we did.

Also tell your endurance driver to try not to rear end me midair in Wisconsin.
Hahaha, was it during the first or second half of the race? We had two drivers.  I'll have to give him some hell about rear ending another dude. Confused

Yeah Gaged are bling, but also need alot of tuning and upkeep.

53caddy View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 53caddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2009 at 10:51am
We are just happy we finished 15th in the endurance race running a hydrostatic transmission.
2009 UTC Mini Baja
grams View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2009 at 1:48pm
Clreedy, sorry about that our driver was right behind you going over the jump and didn't see you slow down.  Hope we didnt do any damage. 

Did you guys have any problems with the sheaves on the gaged wearing badly in the mid range?
CLReedy21 View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLReedy21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2009 at 1:51pm
It was on the first or second lap at the jump before the railroad, I was in the black #5 car, I came into it booking and then hit the brakes to stay on the ground and I guess his plan was to air it out.  Nor real harm done but it smashed my splash guard pretty good.
-Chris Reedy
TTU Alumni
Fourwheeler Drawer

thompm1 View Drop Down
Milling Master
Milling Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thompm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2009 at 2:00pm

Did you guys have any problems with the sheaves on the gaged wearing badly in the mid range?
[/QUOTE]

We had a problem with wearing the sheaves in Idle.  How did you solve that problem and what maintenance procedures do you use to keep the Gaged in a good condition.
Michael

No Monkeys f**king footballs
grams View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2009 at 5:17pm
We try to tension the belt according to the directions, but we still get some rub marks and wear in on the pulleys at the idle position.  When I talked to Bill he said not to worry until the grooves at the idle position wear in .05" or deeper. 

The other problem we saw after the endurance race was a similar grooving in the mid range portion.  I think most likely due to mud getting in the cvt and causing some slippage.

karman1970 View Drop Down
Milling Master
Milling Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karman1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2009 at 9:57pm
Results got posted an hour or so ago.
Wes
Missouri S&T
Baja SAE
Alum
charles ulaval View Drop Down
Milling Master
Milling Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charles ulaval Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/21/2009 at 6:59am
What u guys are talking about  with the Gaged ? A new CVT?
charles ulaval View Drop Down
Milling Master
Milling Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charles ulaval Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/21/2009 at 9:08am
just found out!
CLReedy21 View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLReedy21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/21/2009 at 11:23am
We ran the auburn invite and the louisville race with it and didn't have any issues with wear but I haven't even checked it after this race
-Chris Reedy
TTU Alumni
Fourwheeler Drawer

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic