Official Baja SAE Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Lounge
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Drive around Stony Lonesome after comp. (Monday)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Drive around Stony Lonesome after comp. (Monday)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Organizer
Organizer
Last one standing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeremyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Drive around Stony Lonesome after comp. (Monday)
    Posted: Mar/14/2011 at 1:03pm

I, along with Mike Z, plan to ride at Stony Lonesome the day after BSAE Birmingham concludes[April 18]. Hopefully we'll have the old 2004 car running. If not, the ATV and dirtbike will suffice.

Stony Lonesome is an OHV park set on 1500 acres with many miles of trail for everything from bikes to Blazers. If you have time before heading back to school, come out and run what you brung.

Disclaimer - Driving at Stony after the event is in no way associated with Baja SAE or Baja SAE Birmingham.

Purduebaja View Drop Down
Welding Master
Welding Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purduebaja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2011 at 6:43pm
I thought you had to be a member to ride at Stoney.

I checked there a while back because I was looking for somewhere to do a Hare Scramble on my dirtbike but it said membership was capped at 60 and you have to have a sponsor (someone whos already in it) to be able to join.

How did you convince them to let your team ride there?
JeremyB View Drop Down
Organizer
Organizer
Last one standing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeremyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2011 at 7:53pm
Stony Lonesome is a county park open to the public. Just pay the fee (currently free during the week) and ride/drive until closing time.

I drove our old 2004 car Monday. Didn't see any teams though. Cry

Rear caliper lost its fasteners and had to be zip-tied to the frame. Also lost our antenna. D'oh. Other than a terrible CVT setup, it drove quite nice.
Purduebaja View Drop Down
Welding Master
Welding Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purduebaja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2011 at 9:19pm
Never would have thought there could possibly more than one Stony Lonesome OHV area its a pretty specific name.

I was talking about this place near Columbus, IN http://www.stoneylonesomemc.com/
mikez View Drop Down
Rules Reps
Rules Reps
Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2011 at 10:26pm
LOL.  Yah really.   The guys in Bremen, AL spell it "Stony".  Still, crazy.  I never would have guessed.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic