Official Baja SAE Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Design Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cost Report

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
clairesch93 View Drop Down
Double Secret Probation
Double Secret Probation

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clairesch93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cost Report
    Posted: Feb/25/2014 at 2:59pm
Our team is fairy new to the baja competitions an VERY behind. Im working on the cost report but we only have a few items ordered. Do i only include those items that we have actually purchased? or do I include everything we intend to have on the vehicle?
joey.m.gonzalez View Drop Down
Welding Master
Welding Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey.m.gonzalez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/28/2014 at 11:40pm
As posted in the other thread, you need to include stuff you have bought already (at full retail, not discounted), and  put in prices for things you THINK you will be purchasing.  The cost report is not set in stone, thats what the cost adjustment form is for.  For example, say right now you think you will be running some Holeshots for tires, but say a month before you decided to run some Maxis' instead.  You put that change on the cost report.

In a nut shell, the cost report is a list of every single part on the car as it is being shown during tech.  If I saw your car during tech, and I said "Self, I want to build that car", then I should be able to use your cost report and purchase every single item to make your car as it is sitting in front of me.

Hope that helps you, and others.

Joey
kbrockway View Drop Down
Double Secret Probation
Double Secret Probation

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbrockway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2014 at 11:41am
I think the above poster answered your question -- but I have one of my own related to the cost report, so thought I would add here.

My team is almost done with our cost report and just putting the final touches on the documents. We have come upon a concern that I have submitted to the rules committee, but unsure if they are going to be able to answer in time - I am posting here too!

I am unsure about how to name the cost report and documentation electronic submission. The SAE Baja 2014 India rules provide a naming convention of: 

"A PDF file with all of the cost documentation described above. The cost report file must be named as 
follows: Vehicle #_school name (full name) _competition_CostReport. For example: 001_XYZ 
University_Baja SAE India 2014_CostReport

The US 2014 Rules only state the following: 

"A PDF file with all of the cost documentation described above.

Giving no instructions of how to name file, with a risk of getting zero points for incorrect labeling. What is the correct way to name the cost report and cost documentation electronic submissions? I cannot rely on previous years from my school due to incomplete and low quality cost reports. IF I do not hear back from the rules committee regarding this by the submission deadline, I will assume to go with the 2014 SAE BAJA India version, as it is the only "official" rule document I could find relating how to name the cost report. 

Thanks!
Aztec Warrior View Drop Down
Welding Master
Welding Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aztec Warrior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2014 at 1:05pm
I would assume the India rules would apply. I believe that is how it has been labeled in the past. I am sure they will get back to you early Monday. They will be prioritizing all the cost report questions. Pleas post here if you hear otherwise.
"To finish first, you must first finish"

SDSU Baja 2010 and 2014
McMillin Racing 2005-present
arlindsay1992 View Drop Down
Double Secret Probation
Double Secret Probation

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arlindsay1992 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/03/2014 at 3:14pm
Any update to the formatting of the cost documentation and cost report filenames? We uploaded them using the format described in the SAE India rules but need to know if that is incorrect so it can be changed before tonight.
Jaife View Drop Down
Double Secret Probation
Double Secret Probation

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/03/2014 at 4:25pm
Baja SAE tweeted this  about an hour ago:

"Getting questions about the filenaming. When you upload documents to http://www.bajasae.net , the file is renamed in the proper way."
emsischek View Drop Down
Double Secret Probation
Double Secret Probation

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emsischek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/03/2014 at 8:19pm
I submitted a question regarding this to the rules committee and can confirm this is the answer I got in response.

So much stress the last few days over the naming of a file. Ugh.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic