Official Baja SAE Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competitions > SAE Sanctioned Competitions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Competition Sled Pull Dimensions and Weight?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Double Secret Probation
Double Secret Probation

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntMart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Competition Sled Pull Dimensions and Weight?
    Posted: Sep/16/2019 at 9:06pm
Hello, y'all, I am posting this on behalf of Cal Poly Pomona's Baja SAE team. 
We are currently attempting to design a sled pull, that is featured in 1 of the competitions annually. We contacted the Baja Collegiate email looking for the dimensions and the approximate weight of the sled pull. They ended up telling us that, "SAE does not build or make the sled pulls…organizers and volunteers make them or have them as part of the process of organizing the competition." So now we are here seeing if anybody has any information.
Thanks for any help, and good luck this build season!
bracer View Drop Down
Milling Master
Milling Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2019 at 4:24pm
I do not have any information on actual SAE sled dimensions, but a pulling sled does not have to be a complex design. All it really encompasses is a weight moving up a ramp with wheels at the back, and a friction creating device at the front.

I wouldn't imagine that building something like this, sized for garden tractor pulling, would be fairly easy for a team to build them selves if they really wanted their own sled. something like this would be about perfect for a baja car: https://www.killbillet.com/forum/the-killbillet-technical-department/bodywork-welding-and-fabrication/47570-kids-pedal-tractor-pull-sled

Edited by bracer - Sep/27/2019 at 4:27pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic