Official Baja SAE Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Design Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Baja SAE Maryland Polaris Orders

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Double Secret Probation
Double Secret Probation

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supshaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Baja SAE Maryland Polaris Orders
    Posted: Apr/06/2018 at 9:26am
I was wondering if anyone knows how long it usually takes for Polaris to send the sponsorship order after a team is sent the invoice? Do they wait for the check before sending the 

This is my team's first year competing.... we're so close to the finish.... we're still sorting out the check with our Mechanical Engineering Department to pay for the Polaris order.

If this order doesn't come in by the 14th.... then we're going to our first competition with no wheels... Does anybody have advice or encouragement?

https://gmubajasae.wixsite.com/masonracing
desertwolf View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2018 at 11:44am
From my experience with dealing with Polaris, I would say that you might be royally screwed. Last year we tried to order cv axles from them and it took them about 2.5-3 months to finally ship them, by then we went somewhere else to buy them. I think they might wait for the check before shipping, but can't remember whether or not. They actually never processed our check.

From what I've heard about Polaris, Baja SAE orders are one of the lowest priority orders. Plus if they have to get parts from multiple warehouses, then your going to have to wait even longer.

I seriously advise you to go your local dealer or parts store to buy anything, or sites like rocky mountain atv/mc, where shipping is fast.

If you don't get wheels before comp, either ask around for tires or if a team member has a quad, use them.

Sorry for a not so good news message, but good luck at comp.
supshaw View Drop Down
Double Secret Probation
Double Secret Probation

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supshaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2018 at 12:06pm
Thank you so much! My team leads and I figured buying the parts from local dealers would be the best move. Your comment confirmed that it's not just our team who has had difficulty with Polaris!

Bantu View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bantu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/10/2018 at 3:35am
Hi everyone, I am Bantu from South Africa doing a mini Baja project. I have decided to use a Polaris clutch, but now the problem I am facing is that, I have been struggling to get the diameter size of the driving and driven pulley. Also the weight of each pulley. Does anyone know where can I find that information?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic