Official Baja SAE Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Design Discussion > Pit of Despair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A-Arms inclination

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote down_under Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A-Arms inclination
    Posted: May/28/2014 at 3:42pm
if somebody can tell me how does the inclination of the front A- Arms (while looking in side elevation view) is beneficial for the BAJA buggy?
I am inclined towards the specific case where my A- Arms makes acute angles in clockwise sense from horizontal.(the point of convergence of the extended wishbone pivot axis lies below the LFS)
please help me out if anyone can...
vin2000 View Drop Down
Welding Master
Welding Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/29/2014 at 9:54am
From the side view , you get the rake angle of the control arms. Increasing this angle increases the frontal impact force going through the shocks rather than being reacted by the control arms. Also the shock travels at angle to the vertical in the side view, This being beneficial ,during jump landing and direct horizontal impacts like wooden logs and square bumps.
Also caster angle can be defined using this angle.

This topic has already been discussed in detail in the forum .Search for it.
If the control arms are non parallel in the side view, with a point of convergence you are introducing anti dive geometry. Varying this point can introduce varying amounts of anti dive percentage.

RVCE-BAJA
2011-2015
www.thrbaja.com
vehicle dynamics View Drop Down
Milling Master
Milling Master
Doesn't Understand Vehicle Dynamics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vehicle dynamics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2014 at 11:46am
What can be the appropriate swing arm length for height of centroid 20"inches and ground clearance 12".
Please reply
chery View Drop Down
Double Secret Probation
Double Secret Probation

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/06/2016 at 1:45am
If I have a rake angle of 10 degree and my steering axis is inclined 6 degree to the vertical in the side elevation view can you please tell me what is my castor inclination?
RLM View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RLM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/06/2016 at 8:12am
Get out a calculator. No one is going to do YOUR math for you. Engineer your own s***! 
McMaster Baja Racing (09-Dec 2015)
Team Captain 2012-2015
Suspension Lead 2015-2016
All spoonfeed PM requests will be billed at $10 USD per reply, payable via paypal.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic