Official Baja SAE Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Design Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

3 link trailing arm suspension template.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dnt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3 link trailing arm suspension template.
    Posted: Jun/06/2018 at 2:55am
I'm currently working with 3link trailing arm suspension for my team. I want to simulate it in Adams/Car, but the template for the same isn't available in the standard library. I tried designing my own template but it is giving absurd results.

Does anyone know where I could get its template?

Thanks. 
RLM View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RLM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/06/2018 at 7:52am
I do not believe it is available. When I did it years ago, I needed to just build my own model of the suspension within ADAMS.
McMaster Baja Racing (09-Dec 2015)
Team Captain 2012-2015
Suspension Lead 2015-2016
All spoonfeed PM requests will be billed at $10 USD per reply, payable via paypal.
dnt View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dnt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/06/2018 at 8:05am
What would you suggest, creating a whole model from scratch or changing the default trailing arm template and add a camber variation link to it.

Here's what I did
In the original trailing arm template I added one link imitating the upright and a camber variation link connected to it.

Also the upright won't move with respect to the spindle. So what type of joint should I provide there?
I have kept a revolute joint between the upright and camber link, and a revolute joint between the camber link and body.
RLM View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RLM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2018 at 7:46am
I'd just build a whole new model. your going to have to adjust everything completely from the template anyways. You will also need to get rid of some bits of the template then add new bits, so if you just build it from scratch, you at least know you haven't missed anything. It has been several years since I last messed around with it, sorry I cant be more help.
McMaster Baja Racing (09-Dec 2015)
Team Captain 2012-2015
Suspension Lead 2015-2016
All spoonfeed PM requests will be billed at $10 USD per reply, payable via paypal.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic