Official Baja SAE Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competitions > Non-sanctioned Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2013 Midnight Mayhem hosted by Louisville SAE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Welding Master
Welding Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bi-Brow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2013 at 3:02pm
Wanted to remind everyone that we will still accept registration forms even though our desired deadline has passed. 
If you want to go to Mayhem and need help please see the list of confirmed entries to see if any logistical deals can be made.

Northern Kentucky University
Southern Illinois University
Ohio Northern University
University of Louisville
Michigan State University
Northeastern University
University of Cincinnati
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Case Western Reserve University
Missouri University of Science and Technology
University of Illinois - Urbana Champagne
The Ohio State University
Grove City College
Tennessee Technological University
North Carolina A&T State University
Virginia Tech
Michigan Tech
McGill University
Lipscomb University
University of Rochester 
Polytechnique Montreal 
Purdue University West Lafayette
Cummins XPI Pump Development Engineer
2012 Midnight Mayhem Coordinator
2008-2010 UofL Baja Captain
2011 Powertrain
zglazer View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zglazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2013 at 3:07pm
How many cars so far?
Zack Glazer
McGill Baja Racing Alumnus 2009-2013 http://baja.mcgilleus.ca/
2012-2013 Drivetrain Designer
Brad SXT View Drop Down
Welding Master
Welding Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad SXT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2013 at 5:38pm
Last I heard it was like 51? Looks like it will be another record turnout this year. 
UofL Baja Alumni
Midnight Mayhem track design
Sometimes Livestream Announcer Guy
Design judge every once in awhile
BlueDevil08 View Drop Down
Milling Master
Milling Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlueDevil08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2013 at 7:24pm
Just got off the phone from an organizers meeting; 58 cars registered so far!  I've also attached the tech inspection sheet for the event.
Alex B.
Louisville Baja
2011-2013 Captain
Midnight Mayhem Head Organizer
2014-Present
SAE Design Bay Leader
2015-Present
Bi-Brow View Drop Down
Welding Master
Welding Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bi-Brow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2013 at 2:01pm
If any of the teams headed to Midnight Mayhem will be traveling down I65 south of Indianapolis during normal working hours on Friday the 27th and are interested in a meet-n-greet with Cummins employees as well as facility tour please PM me.  Columbus, Indiana (corporate headquarters) is right off the highway.
2011 Powertrain
zainracer View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zainracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2013 at 4:06pm
Hi,
We, Univ. of Memphis, just got our budget approve for Midnight Mayhem.
Can we still register or is it too late? We would like to bring 1 car.  

Zain Noordin
University of Memphis
Tiger Baja
Bi-Brow View Drop Down
Welding Master
Welding Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bi-Brow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2013 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by zainracer zainracer wrote:

Hi,

There is still time to get your registration form in.  Please review prior posts for the necessary documents/actions.
2011 Powertrain
zainracer View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zainracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2013 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by Bi-Brow Bi-Brow wrote:

Originally posted by zainracer zainracer wrote:

Hi,

There is still time to get your registration form in.  Please review prior posts for the necessary documents/actions.

Will do, thanks!
Zain Noordin
University of Memphis
Tiger Baja
Fordcrzymike View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fordcrzymike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2013 at 8:36pm
Southern Illinois University is excited and ready to go! See you all Saturday!
mikez View Drop Down
Rules Reps
Rules Reps
Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2013 at 1:38am
I will be going this year, but not able to race our ancient Baja cars (2004 & 2005).  Maybe next year we'll do a static display for it's 10-year, lol. 

It'll be great to see all you guys and some great Baja action under the lights!   PUMPED
Brad SXT View Drop Down
Welding Master
Welding Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad SXT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2013 at 11:14am

Anybody want to post pictures of their lights?

UofL Baja Alumni
jeiB View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeiB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2013 at 7:05pm
not yet
Jeremie B.
McGill Baja Racing
2009-2011 Captain
minibaja.mcgill.ca
OffTrac View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OffTrac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2013 at 12:08am
Looking forward to it all. Myself and a few others have been putting in 12 hour days all week putting the finishing touches on our two older cars...they were kinda consistently abused and never given the love they deserved, been a hassle. Still waiting on a replacement part to get here from Cali (guaranteed delivery by tomorrow morning...better be with that shipping charge) but all looks well as of tonight!
Jacob Rhodes
BBB Motorsports
CWRU Baja
Captain '12 '13
"If it can get a tire on it, it'll go over it"
Bi-Brow View Drop Down
Welding Master
Welding Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bi-Brow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2013 at 11:12am
Originally posted by OffTrac OffTrac wrote:

Looking forward to it all. Myself and a few others have been putting in 12 hour days all week putting the finishing touches on our two older cars...they were kinda consistently abused and never given the love they deserved, been a hassle. Still waiting on a replacement part to get here from Cali (guaranteed delivery by tomorrow morning...better be with that shipping charge) but all looks well as of tonight!
Be sure some of that lovin involves some sort of "illumination".  It will be beneficial for the start of the endurance race!
2011 Powertrain
ErikHardy View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErikHardy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2013 at 12:46pm
Sorry Fellas, due to some recent "conflicts" we will no longer be attending. Sincere apologies for the lack of french toast. Perhaps next year.
zglazer View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zglazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2013 at 12:52pm
Now what the hell are we going to do with all this maple syrup? 
Zack Glazer
ErikHardy View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErikHardy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2013 at 2:45pm
Surely I can't be the only one who knows how to make french toast? Step up bitches! haha
zglazer View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zglazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2013 at 3:50pm
Thanks guys for putting on another awesome event! All of us from McGill had a great time and I'm sure the team will be back for the next one!
Zack Glazer
Brad SXT View Drop Down
Welding Master
Welding Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad SXT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2013 at 7:57pm
I will admit, I was more than a little disappointed about the lack of pancakes...
UofL Baja Alumni
ErikHardy View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErikHardy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2013 at 10:07pm
Sincere apologies, the decision was made by those who are still in school! Maybe next year or another invitation? I'd like to do something special with an old car and french toast at winter baja.
jeiB View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeiB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2013 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by ErikHardy ErikHardy wrote:

Sincere apologies, the decision was made by those who are still in school! Maybe next year or another invitation? I'd like to do something special with an old car and french toast at winter baja.

Yes. You are coming to Epreuve du Nord.
Jeremie B.
McGill Baja Racing
2009-2011 Captain
minibaja.mcgill.ca
Bi-Brow View Drop Down
Welding Master
Welding Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bi-Brow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2013 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by zglazer zglazer wrote:

Thanks guys for putting on another awesome event! All of us from McGill had a great time and I'm sure the team will be back for the next one!
And thanks to McGill (among others) for taking their vehicle lighting so seriously!  As good as the pictures look that I have seen, you just had to be there in person to see how awesome these cars look lighting up the night. 
2011 Powertrain
Bi-Brow View Drop Down
Welding Master
Welding Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bi-Brow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/01/2013 at 9:03am

Please see the final results posted below:

- I wanted to confirm that before the parade lap on Saturday night, the last time the host school had driven on the track at Podium1 was a year ago.  The winning car also won the most recent endurance race at Rochester and 2nd place was the victor from a year ago.
- Also wanted to confirm event coordinators did use one of the host school cars to fine tune the dynamic events.

Again a big thanks to all the teams, volunteers and sponsors who made it out to this years event and made it such a fun weekend.

We want to continue to improve Mayhem and are very interested in your feedback on how we can accomplish that: this year's vehicle lights bonus, extended course layout, and transponders all resulted from comments by teams and volunteers.  Please PM me your thoughts and ideas!
2011 Powertrain
ErikHardy View Drop Down
Baja Godfather
Baja Godfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErikHardy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/01/2013 at 9:53am
Originally posted by jeiB jeiB wrote:

Originally posted by ErikHardy ErikHardy wrote:

Yes. You are coming to Epreuve du Nord.

The last time I was in Quebec city there were a significant number of non-understandable pretty ladies, I like this idea. If Andrew agrees on this idea, I'm game.
Bi-Brow View Drop Down
Welding Master
Welding Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bi-Brow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2013 at 1:59pm
Random facts from this years endurance course:
Length= ~1.25 miles
Max elevation change= ~40 ft 
2011 Powertrain
Brad SXT View Drop Down
Welding Master
Welding Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad SXT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2013 at 8:10pm
For those of you keeping track at home, that's about an average speed of 25 mph for car #9 
UofL Baja Alumni
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic