Forum Home Forum Home > Competitions > Non-sanctioned Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2009 Test Weekend Recap

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Milling Master
Milling Master

Train Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruegdr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2009 Test Weekend Recap
    Posted: Oct/26/2009 at 9:09pm
Thanks to all who came out! It was a great weekend to be out at NCAT. What all did everyone break?

Here's some of my photos from the weekend. If you want any in high res, or want to use them for your team webpage, just shoot me a PM.

http://picasaweb.google.com/kruegdr/AuburnBajaTestWeekend2009#

Edited by kruegdr - Oct/26/2009 at 9:10pm
"Where all them baja cars at??"
Old Greg View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2009 at 1:07pm
Off the top of my head:
- 2 tie rods
- 3 trashed A-arms
- 1 push pull cable
- 1 clutch cable
- 1 ball joint
- 1 steering rack housing
- 1 mysterious ignition problem
- 1 transmission seal
- several chain guards
- and 1 frame

Not too bad for 5 cars I suppose.
USF SAE
Rob71zilla View Drop Down
Welding Master
Welding Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob71zilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2009 at 3:40pm
You gotta have pics of that stuff...please Clap
Robbie
Former Team Captain
SUNY Institute of Technology
Current Engineer for Remington Arms

A Redline a day keeps the carbon away.
rjwoods77 View Drop Down
Milling Master
Milling Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rjwoods77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2009 at 8:27pm
I love how G-Techs rear frame and suspension are integrated. I asked before but does anyone have any good shots of the rear end area of the car?
blue2kss View Drop Down
Welding Master
Welding Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue2kss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2009 at 9:00pm
And I heard Old Greggy poo here smashed the frame, lol is that true?  i also heard we are a bunch of tree lovers and want to do nothing but wrap ourselves around them...

My next question is how many people flipped?  I know I did last year, in the same place, twice
Dustin Bride
University of South Florida SAE Alumni/Consultant
Mechanical Engineer - Naval Surface Warfare Center, Marine Corps. Counter IED Development
USF Stick View Drop Down
Bolt Sorter
Bolt Sorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USF Stick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2009 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by blue2kss blue2kss wrote:

And I heard Old Greggy poo here smashed the frame, lol is that true?  i also heard we are a bunch of tree lovers and want to do nothing but wrap ourselves around them...

My next question is how many people flipped?  I know I did last year, in the same place, twice

I bent the lower right A-Arm on a tree, drivable, but a definite fix for when we get back. Old Greg goes out and decides to even the other side on another tree, and over did it. Both Left A-arms bent fairly bad.  Then we lifted the seat up and the bottom 0.5" cross tubes all but fell out of the bottom.

Dan was the only one to flip, once at your corner, once im not sure where.  I did roll up on Georgia Tech on his side at the bottom of your corner, and helped flip him back up.

Edited by USF Stick - Oct/28/2009 at 9:25pm
Justin 'Stick' Van Hall
USF SAE Baja Designer/Fabricator
blue2kss View Drop Down
Welding Master
Welding Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue2kss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2009 at 9:33pm
ha ha, man Drew is going to be pissed; nice job gentlemen.  Its a good thing those tubes didn't decide to make their way up through the seat though, for Gregs sake...
Dustin Bride
University of South Florida SAE Alumni/Consultant
Mechanical Engineer - Naval Surface Warfare Center, Marine Corps. Counter IED Development
thompm1 View Drop Down
Milling Master
Milling Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thompm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2009 at 1:08pm
Stephen Flipped our 08 car 4 times 3 on the double and 1 on the off camber wash before
S and T
Michael

No Monkeys f**king footballs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic